Inspection Services Manager - Spider Recruitment Services, the specialist recruitment division of Spider are currently working with well known and very established regulatory company based in Ipswich, Suffolk, who are looking for an experienced Inspection Services Manager
The Inspection Services Manager will manage the day to day competence and performance of the field inspection team, head office inspection administrators in the day to day running of the inspection regime for the registration schemes, in accordance with our government authorisation and accreditation. You will be required to be involved with some inspection work to be undertaken directly where conflicts of interest arise, or where inspectors are not available or for monitoring the performance of inspectors or for training purposes
Reporting into the Registration Services Director, your key responsibilities with include:
- Provide day to day management of the inspection team and assist with inspection administration on post-surveillance queries.
- Assist our compliance department on non-conformance matters when required.
- Control of inspection services budget for sub-contract Inspectors, and authorising payment of inspector invoices.
- Co-ordinate regular team meetings and report matters arising.
- Monitoring of performance and competency of the inspectorate.
- Conduct risk based review of registrants following non-conformity resolution.
- Lead on recruitment, induction, training and mentoring new inspectors.
- Sample and audit inspection reports in accordance with procedural requirements and provide feedback to inspectors.
- Produce monthly statistical data on registrant surveillance and non-conformance to management and the technical department.
- Ensure yearly inspection targets are met.
- Weekly attendance at head office ensuring administration requirements are met as well as supervision of two full-time office based administrators.
- Supporting the Registration Services Manager, Registration Services Supervisor and registration administrators on surveillance and/or technical matters when required.
- Travel throughout UK and Ireland and overnight stays to be expected as required.
- Attendance at meetings/events as required.
Skills and Attributes:
- Essential Skills are
- Interpersonal skills
- IT literacy
- Full driving licence
- Minimum of 5 years industry experience ‘on the tools
- Knowledge of industry / building regulations, BS 5410 parts 1 & 2 and Health & Safety at Work Act as well as Awareness CPS, MCS, MHCLG and other legislators
- Desirable Skills are
- Awareness of Green Deal/PAS2030/PAS2031 as well as TrustMark Quality Mark scheme
- Current/previous auditing qualification
- Hold current oil competencies and unvented hot water, solid fuel or renewable technology competencies
- Electrical qualification for Part P work
- Awareness of ISO17065 & ISO17024 certification standards
The Inspection Services Manager will work a 37.5 hour week (Monday to Friday). On offer is a salary of £31,000 - £33,000 (depending on experience).
If you have the relevant skills and experience, please apply by forwarding an up to date CV as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser and Specialist Recruiter, who provide recruitment services in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: Service Manager, Inspection, heating, oil, gas, service manager, building regulations, health and safety
Spider will not use your personal information for any other purposes other than for searching for alternative employment. We will also request additional consent directly from you before submitting your personal information to any recruiting company who are working directly with Spider. We will never disclose your information to any third party unless legally required to do so and we will only ever contact you with the sole purpose of helping you find your dream job or offering career related advice.