ICT Information & Application Engineer – Do you want to be part of an organisation who are fully invested in their employees? Are you an IT professional? If so, Spider is advertising on behalf of an organisation that serves businesses and the public by providing essential border checks on controlled imports. They are currently recruiting for an ICT Information & Application Engineer, to join their team in Felixstowe.
This organisation has a dedicated ICT team providing all ICT services and support to staff and operations that works alongside Port of Felixstowe as well as supporting external customers of the organisation applications throughout the UK.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the ICT Information & Application Engineer to join an organisation that are passionate about what they do and are prepared to heavily invest in their employees offering the opportunity for progression and development.
The key duties of the ICT Information & Application Engineer, includes
- Provide technical support to business systems across the business.
- Positively contribute to the IT services team by having a passion for ICT with an inquisitive nature alongside a proactive and planned approach to ensure the ICT infrastructure enables us to work to optimum effect.
- Provide 2nd/3rd line technical support including detailed technical investigation and analysis to resolve incidents and restore services, working closely with business leads, suppliers, and colleagues.
- Provide technical development, routine/operational works, and interface support to ensure business systems are performing efficiently and effectively, optimised to deliver the required performance.
- Prepare and maintain technical and user documentation including policies, service designs, operational procedures and processes which ensure the effective operation, support, and development of Business Systems.
- Participation and involvement in corporate projects involving development of business systems, including detailed technical specification of business systems to suit business needs.
- Liaise with external suppliers or account managers on behalf of the partnership as appropriate.
As the role develops the ICT Information & Application Engineer will be expected to assist or lead in the resolution of more complex tasks requiring additional skills, qualifications, and experience. This may include designing and implementation of identified solutions; Developing and maintaining procedures, guides, and other operational documentation; Dealing with customer complaints; and skills/experience in other complex technical IT technologies and processes.
This will also include the ability to manage business systems end to end including testing, deployment, release management. You will also provide support to the business in report writing and data extraction including data quality initiatives.
As the ICT Information & Application Engineer, you will have experience within a similar role, and be confident in communicating with people at all levels. You will have a strong customer focus with a friendly and helpful attitude and ability to work well with others.
This position is offered on a permanent basis with a salary of £22,571 - £31,895 per annum depending on experience, plus 7% shift allowance. As part of the role, you would have to commit to working on an on-call rota – approx. 1 week in 3/4 – which attracts approx. £2,236 p/a depending upon frequency (and you can claim overtime if called). Benefits include flexible working, employee discount scheme, 24 days annual leave per year and can receive up to 30 days after 5 years’ service, cycle scheme and health & wellbeing initiatives.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the ICT Information & Application Engineer to join a company that are passionate about what they do and are prepared to heavily invest in their employees offering the opportunity for progression and development. To apply please forward an up-to-date CV which outlines your relevant experience for this role to be considered.
If you require any reasonable adjustments such as access or information in an alternative format, please inform us soon as you are able so that we can make the appropriate adjustments.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser, and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: IT, ICT, engineer, application, information, import, border control
Here at Spider, we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text, or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.