IT Engineer - Spider are advertising on behalf of a company who is a world leader in the design and manufacture of bearing technologies based in Lincoln, Lincolnshire. They are now looking for an IT Engineer to join their team on a permanent basis.
As the IT Engineer you will report into the IT Manager.
Main key duties will include:
- Maintaining VMWare Servers
- Dassault SMARTEAM Server
- PHP programming
- Avaya Phone System
- Installing and Configuring Windows Server, Configuring Advanced Windows Server Services, Designing and Implementing a Server Infrastructure, WSUS, DHCP, DNS, GPO, File and Print and File Storage (NAS).
- Performing maintenance tasks such as patch levels, firmware upgrades and backups.
- Planning software and system upgrades
- Monitoring server logs and health alarms.
- Monitoring capacity - disk, RAM and processor.
- Ensuring availability and performance compliance to internal SLAs (Service Level Agreements).
- Installing and maintaining Server based applications (Domino – Lotus Notes & SQL 2016).
- MS Office, set up new users and general administration duties.
- Installing and configuring new hardware and software. Identifying, troubleshooting and resolving hardware and software problems.
- Working cooperatively with applications teams to install applications or upgrade existing applications.
- Be involved in other IT tasks depending on the projects coming through.
To be considered for this IT Engineer it is essential that applicants have a minimum of 4 years’ experience working in a busy engineering role within the IT industry. You should possess exceptional interpersonal and organisational skills as well as excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
This IT Engineer position is a Full-Time position. You will work 37 hours per week (overtime as required), the Day shift – Mon-Thurs 7:30am-16:00pm, Fri 7:30am-12:30pm. On offer is a commencing salary £24,000-£26,000 per annum (depending on experience), with increases based on good performance as well as excellent company benefits.
If you have the relevant skills and experience and would like to be considered, please apply by forwarding an up-to-date CV as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
The company requires individuals to identify and analyse their own training and development needs and to actively participate in the design of a development plan to meet these needs and the needs of the company. This should be achieved through the appraisal process.
Employees should recognise and take advantage of development opportunity and should periodically review their own progress towards meeting previously agreed goals.
All employees are responsible for reading, understanding and carrying out the requirements of the company’s Health and Safety policy and for informing a relevant person if they become aware of any non-compliance with the policy or of any identified training need.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser, and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords:, engineering, IT support, IT, IT engineer, servers, help desk, PHP
Here at Spider, we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.