IT Helpdesk Manager –A fantastic new opportunity for an IT Helpdesk Manager, to join an established technology support business in Crouch End, North London.
They are a Managed Services Provider, based in Crouch End, N8. They look after the IT and tech needs of their clients, which range from small 5-10 user charities all the way up to logistics companies with 150+ staff. They pride themselves on delivering good value, reliable solutions and providing excellent levels of support.
They have long standing customers who value their service highly. The successful candidate will have excellent customer service skills as well as a strong understanding of IT support within the MSP sector. They’re very proud of the clients they take care of, and they help them to do some amazing things. They’ve been in business for over 15 years and in that time, they’ve expanded into large office space for their team in London, as well as having staff based in Cape Town.
Their team are all happy people who enjoy working here and they’re proud of our amazing retention.
About the role:
You will be a bright and innovative IT Helpdesk Manager, with a background in providing support. You may well have been a Level 1 or Level 2 engineer, looking for new challenges. You will be able to coordinate resources, manage the flow of tickets through their Helpdesk, communicate well and be proud to deliver the best service to the clients.
They need someone with the ability to work as part of a team, or to lead jobs and tasks on their own. Coordination is at the heard of their helpdesk, but they would like someone who has experience taking support calls and helping solve problems but is looking for a new challenge!
In industry terms, they need someone who has been a strong Level 1 or Level 2 engineer and who wants to move into a coordination and management role, or who already has experience as a coordinator. You need to be used to IT terminology but be excellent at speaking in non-technical terms to their clients. You should be used to working with Windows 10 and 11, Chromebooks, Active Directory, Google Classroom / Workspace and Office 365 environments, as well as good working knowledge of PSA tools such as Autotask. They need someone who is passionate about taking ownership of their role and finding ways to develop and improve their existing processes.
Certifications aren’t everyone’s strong point and that it’s experience and enthusiasm for the job which really counts, so this needn’t put you off if you know you’re up to the job!
The ideal candidate will:
- Good experience working with PSA and RMM tools such as Autotask and N-Able.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills as well as first rate customer service skills.
- The ability to listen and interpret customer needs.
- Be keen to develop and have willingness to gain relevant qualifications and accreditations.
- Experience administering Google Workspace and Office 365.
- Be able to demonstrate basic support skills and knowledge in the following: Google Classroom / Workspace, Office 365, Chromebooks, Windows 10/11, Active Directory, Routers, Firewalls, Switches, Internet connectivity.
- Previous working experience in a relevant role either as an experienced IT Helpdesk Coordinator or Manager, or as an engineer who feels they can transition into this role.
- Possess excellent first-line troubleshooting and triaging skills.
- Be able to understand not just the technical problems but the impact they have on clients to help prioritise tasks for our engineers.
- Good knowledge and working experience within an IT environment and familiarity with common OS and platforms, Chromebooks, Windows 10, macOS etc.
- Basic networking awareness; VLANs, routing etc.
- Relevant qualifications such as Microsoft certification or ITIL practitioner will be favourable.
On offer is a salary of £25,000 - £35,000 per annum, dependent upon experience. Starting at 21 days of annual leave (plus bank holidays) and increasing each year of service up to a total of 25. They want their staff to be well rested! Continual professional development plans – they don’t want their staff to get stuck in a rut and they like to reward success.
You will be working 40 hours per week, between 9am – 6pm (Monday – Friday). You will be joining their team in Crouch End, in their spacious offices in North London.
As some of their clients work with children, you will need to pass a DBS check as there may be rare occasions that you need to go out on-site to meet clients (they will provide this at no cost upon completion of the interview process).
Does this sound like the opportunity for you? We would love to hear from you! Please apply by forwarding you CV as soon as possible.
If you require any reasonable adjustments such as access or information in an alternative format, please inform us soon as you are able so that we can make the appropriate adjustments.
Please check your email inbox and spam / junk mail folder for any email correspondence for this vacancy.
Additional keywords: IT, support, technician, engineer, helpdesk, Google Workplace, Office 365, Chromebooks, Windows 10, Routers, customer service, helpdesk, IT helpdesk