IT Support Technician – Nationwide - with Maritime Transport - Maritime are looking for an IT Support Technician – Nationwide to maintain, upgrade and manage various aspects of our environment (Software, Hardware and Networks).
About Maritime Transport
Maritime is a UK based market leading multi-modal logistics company. We offer the complete solution for supply chain requirements (container transport, warehousing, container storage, freight management, curtain sided distribution and rail services).
The head office for Maritime is in Felixstowe, Suffolk however for the right applicant, you could be based in one of our 32 different locations.
This is an excellent opportunity to join Maritime, we are a strong business with a secure future who recognize and reward hard work in very modern office environments.
Maritime operates a range of IT equipment from PC’s, Printers, laptops to mobile devices through to software such as Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) and custom bespoke applications known as TOPS, Cyman and VIPER, all of which are supported by the IT team together with various 3rd parties. We also support and maintain around 40 UK office’s hardware and network setups.
We administer around 530 users from our Two Datacentres which house + runs around 60 Windows Servers and 7 SQL Servers. We cover circa 1300 tickets a month as an IT Support Team.
You will be asked to work as part of an IT Support Team with a tiering system depending on experience. You will provide IT service and support to Maritime staff located in the UK via telephone, email and face to face and will be provided with training (both Internal and External) to bring you up to speed with the fast-paced Maritime business.
Working at Maritime can be a very busy business which will create various challenges that have to be solved therefore can-do attitude is a must. The role is best suited to someone quick thinking, organised and good at problem solving.
Roles and Responsibilities
Resourcefulness is a necessary skill in this role. You should be able to diagnose and resolve problems quickly while thinking on your feet. You should also have the patience to communicate with a variety of interdisciplinary teams and users. Your goal will be to ensure that our technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently and could include;
- Install, upgrade and configure software and/or hardware.
- Identify issues and provide solutions for our software module.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve network equipment, hardware and software issues.
- Monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements.
- Manage own workload through the IT support system (Manage Engine)
- Provide advice and guidance on good practice for the use of computing equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance, patching and resolve business critical issues OOH as part of a rota.
Skills essential to for the role
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal and written.
- Resourcefulness and a problem-solving aptitude.
- Full driving license.
Skills that would be of interest
- Proven experience as a System Administrator, Network Administrator or similar role.
- Software knowledge and deployment.
- Natural aptitude for computing technology and an interest in the latest computing trends.
- Awareness of SQL server, management and maintenance (Maritime Core systems rely on SQL databases)
- Able to make reasoned and fast decisions.
- Customer and service focused.
- Willingness to learn and improve your skills.
- Organised and self-motivated with the ability to prioritise, work to deadlines and use own initiative.
- Confidence within your own ability and willing to ask questions when you are unsure of what is required.
The successful candidate will enjoy a competitive salary and remuneration package and excellent benefits. Should you not hear back from us then your application will have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
No Recruitment Agencies please
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: IT Support, IT Technician, IT Support Technician, IT Service Support, installing, troubleshooter
Here at Spider we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.