Junior Chocolate Maker – Pump Street Ltd are looking for a Junior Chocolate Maker to join our close knit, award winning, family run business in Rendlesham, Suffolk.
As a Junior Chocolate Maker, you will have a real passion for chocolate and a desire to be part of a committed team making the very best quality single origin chocolate from the cocoa bean.
Reporting to the Head of Chocolate Production, the primary duty of the role will be to assist in all aspects of the Pump Street Chocolate production plan, ensuring that production of chocolate is to the highest quality.
This primary duty will include
- Cocoa bean processing (sorting, roasting, cracking, winnowing)
- Small batch chocolate bulk production
- Making finished chocolate bars
- Making other chocolate products
Other duties of the role;
- To keep a clean and ordered work environment and complete cleaning schedules as laid out in the PSC production plan and/or external audit scheme (SALSA).
- Packing and labeling finished chocolate products.
- To assist in the maintenance of chocolate stock and report shortages to the Head of Chocolate Production.
- To assist in the maintenance of chocolate production equipment/machinery and report potential problems as necessary.
- To follow health and safety guidelines, reporting any problems to the Head of Chocolate Production.
- To maintain regular and punctual attendance and to keep a timesheet of working hours completed.
- To pass on messages, delivery notes and invoices to the Head of Chocolate Production, ED or accounts team.
You will receive all the training that you'll need to support your development and help you to progress your career within chocolate making.
This role offers a fantastic opportunity to join a growing business and would be a great chance to learn chocolate making from the cocoa bean. The right candidate will be confident in their ability and able to work both individually and as part of a team. You should have pride in your work and attention to detail looking to ensure you are always producing and maintaining the highest standards of chocolate.
Working hours – shift working on a rota basis, including evenings and weekends.
Due to the location, own transport necessary.
If you have all the relevant skills and experience and would like to join our company, please apply by forwarding an up to date CV as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
Please check your email inbox and spam / junk mail folder for any email correspondence for this role.
No Recruitment Agencies please
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser, and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: junior, cocoa, chocolate maker, production, manufacturing, quality check
Here at Spider, we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.