Laboratory Technician – Aspall Cyder Limited is an established local manufacturer of cyder and vinegar. At an exciting time for the business which has seen a £10m development, we have excellent opportunities for a Laboratory Technician to join us on a full-time basis in Aspall, Suffolk.
As our Laboratory Technician you will be working in either the Main Lab or QC Bottling Lab, technicians are responsible for the testing and inspection of all product/liquids in such a way as to assure product quality in compliance with company standards.
Would you consider yourself as willing, driven, and a self-motivated induvial? If so, this could be the right opportunity for you Due to the area of the role, it is essential that you’re able to drive to our site as there are no public transports routes due to being in the middle of nowhere.
Other key responsibilities of the Laboratory Technician include:
- Analysis and monitoring of raw materials (process and packaging) and all processes associated with the production of apple juice, cider and vinegar.Checking the bottling process parameters are compliant to documented procedures prior to bottling and analysis of cider or vinegar samples prior to bottling in compliance with documented test procedures
- Microbiological analysis of finished product and plant hygiene.Interpreting mycotoxin levels in apple juice using HPLC.
- Completing laboratory records as required to include laboratory process records, calibration, plant monitoring and analytical data in compliance with laboratory accreditation status.Structuring and maintaining all data collection records (in Packaging) for each process batch in maintaining traceability.
- Interpretation of analytical data of finished product, to ensure compliance with customer specifications.Interpretation of analytical data of pre-bottled product, complies with specification, ascertaining realms for positive release into bottling.
- Communication of results to internal customers and to external customers in the form of certificates of quality.Acting in an advisory capacity on day to day quality issues on site.
The successful Laboratory Technician will have previous experience of within a laboratory environment. You will also have a good level of education.
The successful candidate must have experience of computer data entry at a minimum, good communication skills and good reading and written English. Due to location, you will need a full, clean driving license and own transport.
Hours of work are on a rotating shift pattern of 6am-2pm and 2pm -10pm.
On offer is a starting salary of circa £23652 per annum depending on experience plus enhancements for unsocial hours (10% for late shift) as well as 20 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays). Benefits include Cashback Healthcare Plan, Pension – 4% employer contribution (scheme rules apply), Sick Pay, Employee Assistance Programme, Onsite Free Parking, Cycle to Work Scheme and Staff Sales. Basic salary to be discussed at interview stage,
If you have the relevant skills and experience and would like to be considered, please apply by forwarding an up-to-date CV as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
No recruitment agencies, please
If you require any reasonable adjustments such as access or information in an alternative format, please inform us soon as you are able so that we can make the appropriate adjustments.
Please check your email inbox and spam / junk mail folder for any email correspondence for this role.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser, and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: laboratory, production, processing, technician, fermentation, maker, manufacturing, cyder maker
Here at Spider, we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text, or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.