Lead Senior Support Worker
Salary: £9.91 per hour plus excellent benefits
Hours: Full Time 37.5 hours
Join us as a Lead Senior Support Worker and help to make great things happen in the lives of adults with learning disabilities.
United Response is a leading national charity providing support to young people and adults with learning disabilities and mental health needs. We believe in championing the right of disabled people to live, work, socialise and participate in the community, free of discrimination and unnecessary boundaries.
Making it happen- Your Role
We are looking for a Lead Senior Support Worker to guide and lead a team. The people we support are independent but need support in order to live their life to the fullest. This post is suitable for someone looking for a challenge, eager to make a difference and develop both Managerial and Transitional skills. You must be person centred and have 12 months Support Worker experience, as well as a L3 qualification in Health and Social Care. This is a responsible role which is really varied, sometimes challenging and often fun. The job is all about giving people encouragement, guidance and support so they can live as independently as possible, make their own choices and do the things they enjoy.
On a daily basis, you will be required to:
- Lead and act as the first point of contact in the absence of the Team / Service manager
- Take responsibility for full and accurate communication at handover
- Assist the Team / Service Manager with the day to day supervision of Support Workers and where required undertake the formal supervision of Support Workers
- Compile team rotas and activity plans as required by the Team / Service Manager
- Maintain and check the accuracy of the financial records of the people we support
- Carry out ‘on-call’ duties when required
- Model person centred practice and contribute to the induction and support of new and less experienced support worker colleagues
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as requested.
We welcome people from all walks of life to apply for a job with us. As a Lead Senior Support Worker some experience in a supervisory role within a Health and Social care environment is essential. We also require you to hold a full, clean, UK driving licence.
In return for your passion and commitment, we offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- 20 days paid annual leave (plus 8 bank holidays , pro rata for part time) , which increases after 3 and 5 years’ service
- Pension contribution
- Access to free occupational health, physiotherapy, counselling and advice services
- Fully paid training and access to nationally recognised qualifications
- Travel to work scheme (season ticket loan)
- Access to an online shopping platform with discounts from over 3,500 retailers
This position is subject to an enhanced DBS Check, the cost to be met by the United Response
We reserve the right to bring the closing date forward as a result of the high calibre of candidates responding to the advert
Please check your email inbox and spam / junk mail folder for any email correspondence for this role.
No Recruitment Agencies please
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser, and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, and Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords, social work, charity, care, support work, care worker, care assistant,
Here at Spider, we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.