Load Inspector - P&O Ferrymasters, a pan-European leader in tailor-made transport, logistics and supply chain solutions are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and motivated Load Inspector, to be responsible for ensuring compliance of visiting LGV road hauliers.
At P&O Ferrymasters, you would be joining a pan-European leader in tailor-made transport, logistics and supply chain solutions. We’re part of P&O Ferries – owned by Dubai World – and work across road, rail and sea through our Contract Logistics, Freight Management and Assets divisions. We operate from more than 21 strategic locations in 13 countries, where 500+ colleagues are united by a passion for customer and service focus.
As Load Inspector you will be part of a highly dedicated and professional team, by teaming up with other operational and supportive departments within the organisation, a high service level can be achieved with the shared aim of achieving the very best for our customers.
So, what’s this job all about? As well as meeting and greeting incoming LGV haulier drivers, you’ll conduct site inductions and safety briefings.
Other key responsibilities will include:
- Manage traffic flows and enforce Load Safe and Load Restraint standards
- Supervise and control haulier drivers while on site
- Assist LGV drivers in preparing trailers for loading
- Prior to loads leaving site, confirm correct loading configuration and inspect load restraint application and where necessary assist drivers with positioning of straps and edge protection
- Complete reports regarding non-conformance
As Load Inspector you have significant experience of dealing with different nationality drivers, be able to communicate effectively to instruct drivers how to secure the load correctly. You are a patient person who has a welcoming and pleasant demeanour.
Skills and Attributes:
- Knowledge of H&S requirements and good practices in the road haulage industry, e.g. HSE legislative regulations
- Knowledge of LGV driver procedures and types of trailers
- Multilingual, particularly Eastern European (not essential but would be an advantage)
- PC literate
- A clean driving licence
This Load Inspector position is a full-time position, working 45 hours per week, Monday to Friday. On offer is a competitive salary (depending on experience), as well as excellent benefits.
If you have the relevant skills and experience and would like to be considered, please apply by forwarding an up to date CV as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
No Recruitment Agencies Please
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: Load Inspector, Load Supervisor, Supervisor, Logistics, H&S, Health and Safety, Shunter and Load Safety
Here at Spider we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.