Maintenance Assistant – Spider is advertising on behalf of a highly successful care service for Residential Children’s and Adult Supported Living Services. They are looking for an experienced Maintenance Assistant to join their successful and growing team based in Hadleigh, Suffolk.
As the Maintenance Assistant you will be reporting to the Maintenance Manager.
You will have:
- Proven experience as a Handyperson
- The ability to drive
- Use of own tools is preferable but not essential
- Carpentry skills desirable
- Basic understanding and competency in painting, decorating, woodwork and general maintenance tasks.
- Must be willing to undertake training as required.
Responsibilities will include:
- General maintenance duties which will include, unblocking of any drains on site, changing light bulbs, assisting in moving items to and from storage. Upkeep and maintenance of sheds and outdoor structures.
- Be responsible for the use of any chemicals required such as weed killer and drain cleaner and be aware of COSHH requirements in relation to storage and usage.
- To keep the front and communal areas of services in a good state of repair and free from rubbish.
- Basic safety checks on a weekly basis, of service users’ cars and company vehicles and arrange any repairs when needed.
- You will be required as and when to call out and assist any trades people required such as Gas fitters, plumbers, electricians, fire safety.
- You will perform monthly checks and tests on fire extinguishers, fire blankets, fire alarms, emergency lighting and smoke detectors. You will be required to report any faults to the Maintenance Manager.
You will be positive, professional, and friendly towards work colleagues and the people who always receive a service from the company.
All applicants are subject to National safeguarding processes and safer recruitment guidance, so a full DBS will be required for this post. You will also be locally based with the ability to travel between services in Hadleigh (Suffolk), Ipswich, Kesgrave and Manningtree.
On offer is a salary of £9.40-£9.50 per hour (dependent on qualifications). You will be working Monday-Friday, 37.5 hours per week, 8.00am to 3.30 with paid break. Other benefits will be 28 days annual leave per annum.
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience, please apply with your CV and we would love to hear from you. Please note you must have a full driving license and access to a vehicle. Must be willing to undertake training as required.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser, and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: Maintenance, Multi-skilled trades, Electrician, Joiner, Maintenance Manager, Janitor, Caretaker, Handyperson
Here at Spider, we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text, or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.