Maintenance Assistant - Bedford Lodge Hotel & Spa is an award-winning luxury guest destination nestled in an idyllic location and beautiful grounds. The only four star hotel in Newmarket, Bedford Lodge retains the charm and character of a Georgian country house yet offers the very best in modern comfort, cuisine, hospitality and luxury.
We are looking for an experienced Maintenance Assistant to support our Maintenance Manager with general property and Spa maintenance.
In the Maintenance Assistant role no two days being the same and in a business that’s open 24-7, you will have the self-motivation to thrive in a demanding environment, be able to cope with multi-tasking and manage an ever-changing list of priorities.
As the Maintenance Assistant you will:
- Have basic electrical, plumbing and maintenance experience
- Friendly, approachable with good communication skills
- Pro-active and be ready and willing to turn your hand to any job,
- Preferably a trade qualification to undertake more technical work.
- Flexible regarding availability for on-call support
- Awareness of H&S and COSHH in relation to property maintenance
We are a privately owned, independent hotel and have the opportunity to focus on what we do best – creating memorable moments for our guests and taking care of our staff as one big team. We are all exceptionally proud to work here and of the work that we do. Would you like to join a great team and feel the same? In return we offer the following benefits:
- 28 days holiday per year (including bank holidays)
- Free cooked meals whilst on duty
- Free membership of The Health & Fitness Club
- 50% food discount within our Award Winning Restaurant and Bar/Lounge
- 20% discount on treatments within “The Spa” at Bedford Lodge
- Industry relevant training, appropriate for your position / profession
- A team-based and highly supportive working environment
- A commitment to your professional development
- Additional Benefits including Meals on Duty and Gym Membership
- Training will be given
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience and would like to join us, please apply by forwarding an up to date CV as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
No Recruitment Agencies Please
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser and Specialist Recruiter, who provide recruitment services in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: maintenance, Electrician, Plumber, COSSH, health and safety, management, repairs, HVAC
Here at Spider we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.