Maintenance Electrician – Spider Recruitment Services are advertising on behalf of a local Company, who are looking to recruit an experienced Maintenance Electrician in a varied role as part of their team which will be Ipswich based.
As the Maintenance Electrician you will install, maintain, and repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, as well as ensuring that all work is in accordance with relevant codes. The key tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem and any hazardous situations.
- Installation and test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Prepare sketches or follow blueprints to determine the location of wiring and equipment and to ensure conformance to building and safety codes.
- Use a variety of tools and equipment such as power construction equipment, measuring devices, power tools, and testing equipment including ammeters, and test lamps.
- Perform business management duties such as maintaining records and files, and ordering supplies and equipment.
- Work from ladders, scaffolds, and roofs to install, maintain or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
Skills and Attributes:
- Perform physically demanding tasks, such as laying conduit and moving and lifting heavy objects.
- Completion of a four-year approved technical training program in electrical repair and maintenance and two (2) years electrical experience; or, Any equivalent combination.
This is a permanent role working 37.5 hours per week which is split over various shifts. Offering a salary of £30,000pa, depending on experience.
If you are qualified and experienced and would like to be considered for this opportunity, please apply by forwarding an up to date CV as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser and Specialist Recruiter, who provide recruitment services in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: Electrician, electrical engineer, maintenance
Spider will not use your personal information for any other purposes other than for searching for alternative employment. We will also request additional consent directly from you before submitting your personal information to any recruiting company who are working directly with Spider. We will never disclose your information to any third party unless legally required to do so and we will only ever contact you with the sole purpose of helping you find your dream job or offering career related advice.