Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer – Welcome to your new career!
Swiss Laundry is a highly successful, family-run laundry company that has a proud history going back well over 100 years. We are a key supplier to many prestigious hotels, academic establishments, holiday parks, and restaurants and are now looking for a Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer to join our team, based in Papworth Everard, Cambridgeshire.
As the Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer with an electrical bias is required to work as part of a friendly, welcoming and supportive team at our state-of-the-art laundry in Papworth Everard. You will have experience of PLC’s, 3 phase, motors, inverters, switchgear, fault finding and ideally experience gained in a fast-moving consumer goods environment, although this is not essential.
- Assume responsibility for the mechanical and electrical integrity of equipment by carrying out the following:
- Effective planned maintenance inspections using our custom maintenance software.
- Recommend improvements to maintenance schedules; carry out safety checks on equipment in line with legislation and best practice·
- Overhaul and repair of plant; continually monitor plant conditions and report defect’s breakdown/fault data.
- Carry out Electrical and Electronic repairs using a multi-meter to test electrical components and diagnose faults.
- Hydraulics/Pneumatics repairs, using schematic diagrams to identify faults. Repairing and replacing valves, seals, pistons, motors, and pumps.
- Installation of new machinery and the movement of machinery within the factory
- Work with the production team to minimalize machinery downtime.
- Ensure operational key information is effectively communicated to colleagues and other shift teams; complete any relevant documentation on time and in full.
Experience and knowledge
- You will have experience of PLC’s, 3 phase, motors, inverters, switchgear and fault finding
- ideally experience gained in a fast-moving consumer goods environment, although this is not essential.
Skills and Behaviours
- Ability to work to a high standard with an attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain professional boundaries and confidentiality and build relationships with people from a variety of backgrounds.
- A self-starter with high energy level. Proactive, dynamic, making things ‘happen’.
- IT, verbal and written communication skills with colleagues and professional agencies
- Good time management skills, including the ability to prioritise and plan work to meet deadlines
- Initiative and creativity in finding solutions to complex issues
On offer is a salary of up £45,000 per annum depending on experience. This is a full-time permanent position with a shift pattern of 06.30 to15.00 and 12.45-21.15 Monday-Friday and 0800-1200 every other Saturday. (Average 42 hours per week) In addition to the excellent salary, benefits include 29 days’ holiday (inclusive of bank holidays), free car park on-site, and development opportunities within the business.
If you have a positive attitude, can work in a fast-paced environment, and want to join a multicultural, family-run business, then you are the person for us!
If you would like to be considered, please apply by forwarding an up-to-date CV as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
If you require any reasonable adjustments such as access or information in an alternative format, please inform us soon as you are able so that we can make the appropriate adjustments.
No Recruitment Agencies please.
Please check your email inbox and spam/junk mail folder for any email correspondence for this role.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser, and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: maintenance, multi skilled, engineer, machinery, plc’s, motor, switch, gear
Here at Spider, we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text, or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.