Maintenance Supervisor – Spider is advertising on behalf of a highly successful care service for Residential Children’s and Adult Supported Living Services based in Hadleigh (Suffolk) & Ipswich who are looking for an experienced Maintenance Supervisor to join their successful and growing team.
As the Maintenance Supervisor you will oversee maintenance in our Children and Young People’s residential homes and Adult Supported Living facilities, reporting into the Head Office Manager. Your key responsibilities will be in ensuring the smooth running of ongoing maintenance, repairs and all other necessary operations in this area such as communicating with other professionals in the business. You will also be responsible for supervising and hiring of the maintenance team, providing a ‘hands-on’ capacity when needed.
Skills and attributes required:
- Prior experience in a Maintenance Supervisory role, ideally within a care setting (but not essential)
- Have basic electrical, plumbing and maintenance experience
- Pro-active and be ready and willing to turn your hand to any job
- Preferably a trade qualification to undertake more technical work
- Awareness of H&S and COSHH in relation to property maintenance
- Friendly, approachable with good communication skills – this is a people service and you need to be comfortable around people with additional and complex needs.
- Flexible regarding availability for on-call support
All applicants are subject to National safeguarding processes and safer recruitment guidance, so a full DBS will be required for this post. You will also be locally based with the ability to travel between services in Hadleigh, Ipswich, Kesgrave and Manningtree.
On offer is a salary of £23,400 (depending on experience) and call out payments to be negotiated.
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience, please apply with your CV and we would love to hear from you.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser, and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: Maintenance, Multi-skilled trades, Electrician, Joiner, Maintenance Manager, Janitor, Caretaker
Here at Spider, we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text, or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.