Managing Director - Spider is advertising on behalf of a highly successful family business, based near Colchester, Essex with a turnover of £20M+ and a great reputation in its sector. The company designs, manufactures & installs prestressed and precast concrete products as well as specialist precast and helical stairs, ground beams, stadiums, and car parks.
They are looking for a Managing Director with fantastic leadership skills who can develop and motivate their people to succeed whilst understanding commercial issues and managing risks. You will need to ensure the smooth day-to-day running of the business and focus on delivering their strategic objectives. You will be committed to building upon and delivering their culture & values and be willing to roll your sleeves up if things get tough! Does this sound like the role for you?
- Full responsibility for P+L, Sales, Operations, Production and Health and Safety.
- Identify future business opportunities and align service models with strategic organisational objectives.
- Drive operational improvements to ensure first class client relationships and exceptional customer service levels are always achieved.
- Ensure environmental/sustainability targets are met.
- Lead and develop an effective management team.
- Report to main board.
- Optimising financial performance.
The ideal candidate will have experience/skill in the following:
- A strong background, at senior or board level, ideally in production or manufacturing. Will consider candidates who can demonstrate senior level management experience in sales, logistics and contracts management.
- Understanding of HR/Legal issues and understand when to bring in expert advice.
- Analytical, capable of getting to the bottom of the numbers (not as an accountant) – even if with support from the team.
- Experience with P&Ls whether departmentally or whole business.
- Excellent communicator & listener (written and spoken business English) and competent use of IT for business purposes.
- Flexibility to travel around Essex and South East, Full Driving licence required.
- Consultative approach, able to build effective relationships and manage difficult situations.
- Influential/Persuasive at all levels, including board level management team.
- Solutions orientation, able to problem solve and take on operational/production challenges with a positive outlook.
- Passionate about delivering value through quality and customer satisfaction and employee development.
- Resilient and adaptable (able to deal with competing objectives & agendas)
This Managing Director position is a Full-Time position. On offer is an excellent salary package of £91,000 to £110,000 per annum depending on experience (includes company car or allowance), potential Bonus – 5- 40% dependent on company performance, private medical cover for family, on-site staff canteen and 25 days annual leave.
If you have the relevant senior management skills and experience and would like to be considered, please apply by forwarding an up-to-date CV as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
Please check your email inbox and spam / junk mail folder for any email correspondence for this role.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser, and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: MD, Managing Director, Director, Manager, Stakeholders, Leadership, Development, Manufacturing, Sales, Business Development Manager, Sales Director, Operations Director, Sales Manager
Here at Spider, we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text, or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.