Manufacturing Engineer - PPC is the global leader in connective technology. PPC's award-winning connectors, cables, and accessories are used by cable systems, satellite networks, and wireless businesses around the world. We are now looking to recruit an experienced Manufacturing Engineer to join our team at Parham Airfield, near Framlingham, Suffolk on a permanent basis.
The Manufacturing Engineer position is an exciting new role within the operations team and ideal for someone with appropriate qualifications and experience within a relevant manufacturing environment. You will be involved in the CAD design, development, and implementation of manufacturing methods and processes.
As the Manufacturing Engineer, these key duties will excite you each day!
- To be the operations team primary design and drawing resource using SolidWorks 3D CAD to recognised standards.
- Assist in the continued development & documentation of key processes, roll out, and training. This includes daily manufacturing records, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), drawings, and change control registers.
- Support the senior operations team with project delivery. This will range from small continuous improvement projects through to large-scale strategic CapEx plans.
- Utilise the sites ERP system (SAP) to support the sites day to day operations. This will include the creation and maintenance of Bill of Materials and routings.
- Engineering graduate, apprenticeship pathway, or comparable qualifications.
- Adept at working independently and as part of a wider team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including interpersonal skills to effectively deal with individuals at all levels.
- Well-developed organization skills, including the ability to handle many details and multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment while upholding quality standards.
- Self-motivated, resourceful, and innovative.
- Proficient in using SolidWorks 3D CAD and capable of producing drawings to a high standard.
- Proficient computer skills to include Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience in working with Lean methodologies (5S, Six Sigma, Visual Management) would be beneficial.
If you want to work in an empowering environment that rewards performance and ambition this is the opportunity for you. You will become a part of a ‘global’ team of all levels of expertise!
This is a full-time permanent role. You will be working 37.5 hours per week, In return, we are offering a competitive salary depending on level of experience and qualifications. We offer 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays, perks discount scheme, cycle scheme, and health care insurance. Training in bespoke processes will be provided.
If you have all the relevant skills and experience and would like to join our company, please apply by forwarding an up-to-date CV as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
Please check your email inbox and spam / junk mail folder for any email correspondence for this role.
No Recruitment Agencies please
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser, and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: manufacturing, engineering, engineers, production, cable, fibre, polymer processing, lean
Here at Spider, we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.