Manufacturing Technician- Spider are advertising on behalf of a highly successful Global leader in connective technology who are recruiting for Manufacturing Technicians to join their team based in Parham, Suffolk.
As a Manufacturing Technician you will work in a fast-paced production environment, focusing on the manufacturing of fibre optic cables and micro ducts utilising polymer extrusion technology and associated equipment. You will also undertake a range of supporting tasks including production set-up activities, assembly operations, quality control inspection and processing tasks to meet production requirements.
Other key responsibilities include:
· Once trained, to operate a range of production equipment including plastics extruders, material dryers, water cooling troughs, reeling machines and quality control test equipment to efficiently meet all production work requirements allocated whilst maintaining our core values of safety, quality and customer satisfaction.
· You will be expected to work as a member of the production team helping to implement and carry out all company working practices in line with Health, Safety and Environmental procedures.
· To progress with the company and work towards becoming a team/shift leader. You may already have leadership or supervisory skills and willing to learn the manufacturing process to allow these skills to be fully utilised within the role.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
· GCSE/HNC level in Maths, English and Science with grades A-C/8-4 or equivalent, although this is not essential.
· Practical hands-on mechanical ability & problem solving
· Good interpersonal skills, able to work as part of a larger team
· Organised and punctual
· Ability to work to deadlines with an attention to detail
· Effective verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to work with and without direct supervision
· Previous production or factory experience would be beneficial but it’s not essential.
This Manufacturing Technician position is a Full-Time position. On offer is a salary of £22,000+ (depending on experience), as well as excellent benefits including: a company pension scheme, a healthcare scheme, holiday entitlement of 25 days plus bank holidays and an employee discount scheme.
If you have the relevant skills and experience and would like to be considered, please apply by forwarding an up to date CV as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser, and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: Manufacturing, technician, Manufacturing operations, Machine Operator
Here at Spider, we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.