Marketing and Communications Officer - Spider is advertising on behalf of a leading trade organisation for the oil, heating and cooking industries in the UK and Republic of Ireland. They are now looking for experienced Marketing and Communications Officer to join their team based in Ipswich, Suffolk.
They are looking for an ‘all-rounder’ able to work across a range of disciplines, who has a strong marketing and communications background (ideally someone who has at least 5 years’ experience) to work in a small team at their head office. If this sounds like you, then we would love to hear from you!
As the Marketing and Communications Officer, you will support the development and implementation of marketing and communication action plans to fulfil the objectives of the company’s trade association, competent person registration scheme and online shop.
Other duties will include:
- Work with internal colleagues, external stakeholders, and contracted consultants to support the delivery of departmental action plan objectives as part of the overall company business plan.
- Prepare, publish, and maintain content across multiple communication channels, for a range of audiences, to meet agreed marketing and communication action plan objectives and deadlines. Support internal authors to develop content or originate as required.
- Lead on the maintenance and development of the company’s digital and social media platforms. Act as a specialist advisor to the company on web-based and social media communication and support their effective utilisation.
- Assist in the development and implementation of marketing and communication campaigns to support industry objectives relating to heating, energy efficiency and carbon reduction.
- Assist in meeting marketing and communication obligations under data protection legislation.
It is essential that you are educated to degree level in a relevant subject; have strong English language skills (able to write clearly, effectively, and succinctly and able to transform technical content into understandable, concise copy); have experience of website CMS systems, search engine optimisation techniques and developing and delivering social media engagement to a range of stakeholders. Whilst not essential, any experience of organising industry events, either face-to-face or online (e.g. webinars) would be desirable. You will also need to have the ability to multi-task and to work independently on multiple projects simultaneously as well as strong organisational skills and attention to detail. This Marketing and Communications Officer vacancy is a full-time position, working 37.5 hours per week, (09:00 to 17:00) Monday to Friday, with ½ an hour unpaid for lunch. Working from their Foxwood House, the salary on offer is £25,000 - £29,000 per annum (depending on experience). Holiday entitlement will commence at 20 days per year, increasing annually by one day per year until reaching a maximum of 25 days. 3 days holiday must be reserved for the Christmas office closure. Their employee benefit package comprises the following: Auto-enrolment into their workplace ‘salary exchange’ pension after the first full month of employment. The company will contribute 5% of the gross annual salary, on the basis that the employee contributes at least 3% of their salary. Death in service life cover – 3 x times gross annual salary. Enrolment into their Bupa Insurance - Health Cash Plan facility after a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.
If you have the relevant skills and experience, then please apply by forwarding an up-to-date CV as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
The deadline date for applications is Friday, 2nd July, with interviews planned for the w/c Monday, 26th July.
Please check your email inbox and spam / junk mail folder for any email correspondence for this role.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser, and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: marketing, communication, SEO, marketing manager, digital marketing, advertising, digital advertising
Here at Spider, we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.