Marketing Executive - Spider is advertising on behalf of a small well-established company that provides cutting-edge scientific instrumentation to leading multi-national, academic and government research organisations throughout the UK and Ireland. The close-knit team is committed to working together to provide customers with the means to advance scientific understanding and development. They are now looking for a Marketing Executive to join their small team in Swavesey, just outside of Cambridge, on a permanent basis.
A passionate, enthusiastic self-starter with a genuine interest in becoming an integral part of the team. You love to write and are interested in developing an understanding of their scientific products, applications and markets to develop engaging content for their target customers. You can manage your time and workload effectively, have excellent attention to detail and thrive on collaborative working, whilst also being able to get on with your work individually.
Working under the guidance of the Marketing Manager, the successful applicant will operate with a high level of autonomy, collaborating with scientific sales specialists, international suppliers and their customers to create high-quality, engaging content for their website and social media channels, as well as supporting the creation and implementation of email marketing campaigns. With plenty of development opportunities and the ability to make a real difference within the company, the position offers flexibility to make the role your own. You will be encouraged to take on projects and responsibilities and will be supported by them as you develop within the role.
While much of the role will be focused on digital marketing, the nature of joining a small team means that you must also be willing to assist colleagues with other tasks around the business as needed. In addition to supporting the overall success of the business, this will provide valuable insight into company operations and help form strong working relationships with the wider team.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Writing high-quality, engaging content for various marketing channels
- Ensuring all their marketing channels deliver strong, consistent messaging
- Increasing organic web traffic and SEO rankings through effective content marketing
- Creating and implementing engaging email campaigns, including using their CRM to generate mailing lists, building on-brand emails and reviewing and measuring results
- Managing company social media channels including creating content and scheduling posts
- Supporting the Marketing Manager with campaign planning, scheduling and reporting
- Relevant work experience (ideally in a content marketing role)
- Excellent literacy skills and experience of writing effective sales/marketing copy
- Well-organised and able to manage your time and multiple projects
- Able to work largely independently but also as part of a team
- Positive, enthusiastic attitude and willingness to learn
- 22 days annual leave (excluding public holidays), increasing one day per year of service up to a maximum of 27 days
- Generous incentive scheme (after successful 6 month probation period)
- Hybrid working
- Company health insurance scheme (after successful 6 month probation period)
- Company social events
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: marketing, marketing assistant, marketing executive, SEO, CRM, content marketing, marketing admin,
Here at Spider, we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text, or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.