Materials Planner & Buyer
Spider Recruitment Services, the specialist recruitment division of Spider are currently working with a well-established manufacturing and engineering business based in at the north of Norwich who are now looking to add to their busy purchasing department.
They have an outstanding reputation for manufacturing specialised parts for plenty of sectors, such as automotive, HGV, plant machinery, off highway equipment and military vehicles. The company have been established for over 60 years now and going from strength to strength due to the types of contracts they hold with their clients.
This is a completely standalone position with clear progression for the right candidate. You will be reporting straight into the Production Director and will be working on your own in a key, pivotal role, working as a Materials Planner and Buyer. All guidance and training required will be given, however.
- To implement new purchasing / buying strategies
- To continually negotiate and reduce costs
- To source, evaluate and secure costing for new material / component
- Understand and be able to utilise MRP software
- Regularly review and replenish stock levels accurately in demand of varying work loads
- Make sure all materials meet specifications and quality standards
- Improve supplier performance using data-based analytics (cost, lead-time controls, quality)
- Monitor shipments to ensure that goods come in on time and rectify mistakes and discrepancies.
- Develop and maintain supplier relationships
- Prepare purchase orders, bid proposals and review requisitions for goods and services
- Negotiate and drive down pricing of all materials required by the company
- Have a proven track record in supply-chain management and purchasing
- Have a technical, engineering or manufacturing environment background
- Have knowledge of purchasing within an MRP / ERP environment
- Excellent negotiating and organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills, written & verbal
A basic starting salary of £27,000 - £32,000 is on offer along with a generous remuneration package so please apply by forwarding an up to date CV as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser and Specialist Recruiter, who provide recruitment services in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: Engineering, Machinery, OEM, Parts, Polishing, Cutting, Tooling, CNC, Factory, Workshop, CIPS, Buying, Planning, Materials, Scheduling, Production
Spider will not use your personal information for any other purposes other than for searching for alternative employment. We will also request additional consent directly from you before submitting your personal information to any recruiting company who are working directly with Spider. We will never disclose your information to any third party unless legally required to do so and we will only ever contact you with the sole purpose of helping you find your dream job or offering career related advice.