Mechanical Design Engineer – Spider is supporting an established and leading UK manufacturer of transport refrigeration systems for the small truck and panel van market. With changes in the vehicle and environmental legislation and rapidly increasing uptake of electric and Hybrid vehicles, there are now significant challenges and opportunities ahead for the transport refrigeration industry so there is an opportunity to join an expanding Design Engineering Team as a Mechanical Design Engineer, on the outskirts of Woodbridge.
The Mechanical Design Engineer will report to the Engineer Manager and work will mainly be on Transport Refrigeration products and will involve some new design work as well as modification and updates of existing products. The role is primarily of a mechanical nature but with some work being required on electrical drawings and schematics. The work will cover all aspects of the engineering function within the company from 3D design (using Solidworks) and 2D detailing of mechanical assemblies, through electrical schematics and production drawings/work instructions to compilation and editing of MRP data for Purchasing, Production and Sales.
Your key duties will be to:
- Aid in the design of new products
- Work on design and modification of existing product ranges
- Ensure that any new and existing work complies with current legislation/regulations
- Document all work for series manufacture
- Provide customer-facing product documentation
- Liaise with customers and suppliers
- Some hands-on workshop involvement may be necessary, along with possible visits to suppliers and customer sites, within the UK and possibly overseas.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have experience of automotive systems/industry.
- Have experience with 3D CAD, ideally SolidWorks.
- Be enthusiastic and a good communicator
- Demonstrate an aptitude for and good understanding of Engineering and Engineering practices
- Be keen to learn and develop new skills.
This is a full-time role working Monday to Friday, 8:30 - 17:00, although some flexibility can be accommodated if necessary. On offer is a competitive salary depending on experience and qualification, annual leave of 24 days, plus Bank Holidays.
If you feel you have the relevant skills, experience and/or potential to be successful in this role and would like to join our company, please apply by forwarding an up to date CV as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser, and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: Design Engineer, Engineering, Mechanical Design, CAD, 3D, Mechanical, draftsperson, CAD, Solidworks, refrigeration
Here at Spider, we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text, or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.