Mechanical Project Manager - District Heating/Civil Engineering - Building Services - Permanent
I am currently working with an established company that are part of an International Group that turnover in excess of £20 billion. The company specialise in the design, installation and maintenance of district heating networks.
Due to their continued growth and success, they now have a fantastic opportunity for a Mechanical Project Manager to join them on a permanent basis.
Reporting to: Operations Manager
Responsible for: Site Manager, Site Supervisors, Welders, Pipe fitter, Electrofusion Jointers, Labourers, Plant Operators
Overall job scope:
Responsible for successful and timely operational project delivery, achieving all contractual requirements, ensuring the highest standards of Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental compliance and making sure Company Procedures are followed and objectives achieved.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop and deliver programme from the date of contract award (in conjunction with the Operations Manager)
- Client liaison and attendance at all project meetings to provide update on progress to target against programme deliverables (delivery, H&S and quality)
- Resource planning – assess labour requirements to assist Operations Manager in resource planning
- Coordinate all design and construction activity to deliver successful site based installation
- Specify the required BOQ to Procurement and monitor the progress of orders to achieve on time delivery
- Identify scope, develop and implement efficiencies in project delivery
- Daily management and supervision of all site based staff and reporting to Operations Manager
- Lead communications to staff and subcontractors on all project issues and Company procedures
Health and Safety
- Set the highest standards of leadership in promotion of HS&E procedures and best practice, ensuring compliance with Company procedures and legal obligations
- Preparation and review of site based RAMS
- Preparation of construction phase Health & Safety plans and high-risk RAMS (with safety advisor)
- Communicate legislative changes and implement operational procedures within the Company
- Sign off Site Handover documents and issue to customer
- Coordinate as-built drawings with Design team
- Compiles quality statistics as required by Company / legislative procedures
- Ensure compliance with specifications and design
- Review and report on site progress to Commercial Manager and Operations Manager for use in monthly commercial valuations / negotiations
- Identify potential suppliers and subcontractors
- Identify programme variations and follow to implementation
- Ensure material Bill Of Quantities meet project requirements to best value
- Approval of all time-sheets for financial reconciliation
Qualifications & Experience
- SMSTS – Essential
- CSCS – Desirable
- Prince2/APM – Desirable
- IOSH – Desirable
- Nebosh – Desirable
- Industry experience in District Heating - Essential
- Construction industry experience - Desirable
A salary of £50,000 - £60,000 - depending on experience is on offer. If you think you have the relevant skills and experience, please apply by forwarding an up to date CV as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser and Specialist Recruiter, who provide recruitment services in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: construction, heating, SMSTS, mechanical manager,
Spider will not use your personal information for any other purposes other than for searching for alternative employment. We will also request additional consent directly from you before submitting your personal information to any recruiting company who are working directly with Spider. We will never disclose your information to any third party unless legally required to do so and we will only ever contact you with the sole purpose of helping you find your dream job or offering career related advice.