Method Engineer – Brafe Engineering Limited is an employee owned company and we are a world leading UK manufacturer of high specification alloy investment and sand castings, supporting global customers with an end-to-end single service solution. We are now looking for a Method Engineer to join our team based in Woodbridge, Suffolk, on a full-time permanent basis.
As a Method Engineer, this is an exciting and unique opportunity to work as a Method Engineer for a sand and investment casting foundry. Working with a breadth or materials and processes this role offers real scope for personal development within a unique and highly reputable business. The role will suit an individual driven by working in collaboration with a wide team of people, with a quality curtained focus.
Other key responsibilities:
- Close liaison with the pattern shop, machine shop and other departments, from quotation stage through to pattern manufacture.
- Performing detailed and accurate calculations on material requirements and foundry methods.
- Liaising with customers regarding design changes.
- Ensuring that every casting is made to the correct process route and information is clearly and concisely handed over to the manufacturing team.
- Following all new samples through the factory, with a focus on right first time.
- Looking for improvements to processes and implementing changes to improve quality
Skills and Attributes:
- Experience gained within a foundry environment
- A thorough knowledge of casting methods and manufacturing processes
- Experience of (and certification in) Magmasoft Casting Simulations
- Competent CAD/CAM skills
- The ability to create 2D and 3D
- Engineering Degree or equivalent is desirable.
This is a full-time permanent role. In return we are offering a competitive salary up to £35,000 (depending on experience).
If you have all the relevant skills and experience and would like to join our company, please apply by forwarding an up to date CV as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
No Recruitment Agencies please
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser, and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: design engineer, methods engineer, engineer, foundry,
Here at Spider, we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.