Multi-Skilled Engineer – this is a great opportunity to join GB Ingredients, part of the Lallemand Group. We are a well-established international company that specialises in the development, production and marketing of yeasts, and we are looking for a Multi-Skilled Engineer to be based at our Felixstowe site on a full time, permanent basis. In return we are paying this Multi-Skilled Engineer £30,000 to £35,000 depending on experience.
The purpose of this Multi-Skilled Engineer is to ensure the effective upkeep of all plant and equipment. You will provide reactive and preventative maintenance of a varied array plant and equipment and you will report to the Engineering Manager and be comfortable working on equipment of various ages, from latest technologies to circa 1960.
- Reactive and preventative maintenance of all plant and equipment.
- Ensure the most efficient use of utilities and resources.
- Fault find on varied equipment of different complexities and ages.
- Communicate the condition of the equipment at all levels
- Work in a safe and logical manner, performing tasks with care and prioritising by importance and deadline
- Managing small projects/modifications from conception to commissioning
Skills and experience required:
- At least 5 years’ experience working in any of the following: food / chemical / pharmaceutical / manufacturing environment
- Multi-skilled (electrical/mechanical)
- Electrically/Mechanically qualified, NVQ level 3 or higher.
- Working on electrical systems at least to 3ph 415V
- Experience in fault finding, diagnosis and repair
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Flexible and able to do call-out duties
- Experience of older power and distribution systems
- PLC knowledge
- Experience with packaging machinery
- Experience with planned maintenance systems
- Able to work in confined spaces
The Multi-Skilled Engineer role is full-time, working 8am - 4.30pm Monday to Friday, on call 1 week in 4. On offer to the successful candidate is a basic salary range of £30,000 to £35,000 dependent on experience and expertise. You will receive 25 days holiday, access to a contributory pension scheme, paid overtime and standby payment when on-call.
If you have the relevant skills and experience and would like to join our incredibly successful company, please apply by forwarding an up to date CV as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser and Specialist Recruiter, who provide recruitment services in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: Maintenance Engineer, Factory Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer.
Here at Spider we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.