NHS Careers Advisor - Do you have experience of working in the NHS? Are you looking for a new role that can make a difference? The Next Generation Project launched in 2018, as part of Suffolk and North East Essex ICS Health and Care Academy. The Project works to highlight the various career pathways, and increase recruitment, within the Health and Social Care sector in Suffolk. Care Development East are now looking for an NHS Careers Advisor to join their team on a 12-month fixed term contract.
The ultimate aim of the project is to raise aspirations and awareness amongst young people and adults of the career opportunities and different pathways available within the Health and Social Care sector, with the intention of supporting and growing the future workforce. This is done by working closely with a wide range of partner organisations and also Health and Care Ambassadors, who are supported and coordinated by the Next Generation Project.
The NHS Careers Advisor will have an awareness of the wide range of different roles, entry routes and pathways available within the sector, with knowledge gained from previous employment within the NHS. As the successfully NHS Careers Advisor, you will be highly motivated and be able to provide project support to the Next Generation Project Manager.
This role will provide the operational support required to co-ordinate the Health and Care Ambassadors, virtual work experience and other careers activities in Suffolk. The NHS Careers Advisor is required to work using their own initiative on a regular basis, manage their own workload and will be expected to work with internal and external stakeholders as required; this will require excellent written and verbal communication, planning and organisational skills.
Key Responsibilities of the NHS Care Advisor:
- Provide high quality administrative and project support to the Next Generation Project Manager including report writing and data management.
- Provide support to the Next Generation Project Manager to increase the number of Health and Care Ambassadors available across the sector ensuring there continues to be an equal split across Health and Social Care.
- Support the co-ordination of Health and Care Ambassadors, virtual work experience, Health and Care Academies and other careers activities within Suffolk.
- Work with schools, colleges and other support and partner organisations to coordinate events, presentations, work experience and mentoring, which may include managing
- multiple and conflicting priorities.
- Support the Next Generation Project Manager to maintain close working relationships with local schools and Careers Advisors to promote careers in Health and Social Care to both young people and parents.
- Support the Next Generation Project Manager in generating reports and dashboards as required.
- Provide training, advice and guidance to Health and Care Ambassadors to enable them to confidently support careers activities.
The NHS Careers Advisor will ideally have experience within the NHS, along with some knowledge of apprenticeships, work experience and/or other pre-employment initiatives in health or social care. Evidence of working and communicating effectively to a range of internal and external stakeholders is also essential. You will have experience of working with others using a project management approach and working independently without daily supervision. Excellent communication and organisational skills are required along with confidence and experience of presenting and delivering training to a wide group of people both virtually and face to face. You will be able to develop effective relationships internally and externally and the ability to maintain confidentiality and trusting relationships.
Care Development East (formerly Suffolk Brokerage Ltd) has been established since 2007 and has an excellent reputation with the region’s Health & Social Care sector.
On offer is a salary of £28,917 per annum. This is a full time 12-month fixed term contract. Benefits include company pension, onsite parking and the flexibility to work from home. This role will require regular travel throughout Suffolk, including occasional evening and weekend work in order to meet the needs of the Project. It is therefore essential for the post holder to drive and to have access to their own vehicle.
If you feel you have the relevant skills and empathy to be part of a business whose purpose is to change the face of the industry in the region, come and work with us. Please apply by forwarding an up-to-date CV and covering letter, including your email address and telephone number. We look forward to hearing from you.
Please check your email inbox and spam / junk mail folder for any email correspondence for this role.
If you require any reasonable adjustments such as access or information in an alternative format, please inform us soon as you are able so that we can make the appropriate adjustments.
No Recruitment Agencies please
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser, and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: careers, care, NHS, social care, health care, training, employment, project, management,
Here at Spider, we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text, or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.