Night Support Workers for Waking Nights (22-44 hrs) and Support Workers Days (full and part-time) – Spider is delighted to be advertising on behalf of a fantastic independent service provider of unique, flexible and client centred services for adults with learning disabilities, who are looking for Night Support Workers for Waking Nights and Support Workers (preferably drivers) in Ipswich, Suffolk.
They are recruiting for a team of Night Support Workers for Waking Nights and Support Workers who are excellent communicators to support their tenants. You will have a confident and passionate approach to promote engagement and motivation and encouragement to enjoy a full lifestyle. This is a fantastic opportunity to work and learn alongside some talented individuals, also opportunities for free and supported training and personal development together with support to complete some advanced training. Driving is desirable.
- To provide an ambitious and supportive service to the tenants, helping them achieve their goals, optimise their potential, and encourage them to be an active member in their local community keeping links with family and friends.
- Sensitively provide personal care, when needed and administer prescribed medication.
- Contribute to the planning, monitoring, implementing and recording of life planning achievements.
- Contribute to the health, safety and security of individuals and the home.
Skills and attributes required:
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal with an empathetic and sensitive approach to people
- Willingness to complete care qualifications relevant to the role, with a continued desire to develop further
- Reliable / Flexible and be a positive role model
- Be aware of and act within Suffolk and The Company’s Safeguarding and Vulnerable Children Adults Policy and Procedure and Safer Recruitment Regulations.
On offer is:
- A competitive salary of (£9.72-£10.30) per hour for Night Support Worker and (£9.12 - £9.70) for Support Worker (depending on your level of experience). With vacancies for day workers and dedicated night workers.
- Free and supported training and personal development together with support to complete some advanced training.
- Entitled to paid breaks and 28 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays.
If you are a Night Support Worker or Support Worker, and feel you have the relevant skills and experience, please apply with your CV and we would love to hear from you.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: Senior Support worker, Support Worker, Personal Assistant, Personal care worker, Care worker, Care assistant, Carer, Esoteric, Waking Nights
Here at Spider we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.