Office Assistant - Spider is advertising on behalf of a highly successful Structural engineer company based on the outskirts of Ipswich, Suffolk who are looking for an experienced Office Assistant to join their team.
As the Office Assistant you will be working alongside the Executive Assistant and will assist in the day to day running of the office.
Other key duties include:
- General administrative work such as preparation of reports, spreadsheets etc.
- Weekly and monthly credit control tasks.
- Answer and direct phone calls to the appropriate person
- Meet, greet, and direct visitors to the office
- Check and maintain office stationery and request any to be reordered
- Receive, sort, and distribute incoming mail in a timely manner.
- Management and upkeep of company database systems
- File and retrieve documents within the established filing system
- Review incoming emails of nominated Accounts and categorise as appropriate
- Production of reports with distribution to appropriate staff / clients
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
- Excellent telephone manner and professional communication skills.
- Computer literate and good Microsoft Office skills are essential.
- Credit Control (not essential but desirable)
- Enthusiastic and pro-active approach.
- Deal with enquiries and speak to employees at all levels within an organisation.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to multitask and good attention to detail.
- Full UK driving license.
- Willingness to learn for an all-round, varied office position
This Office Assistant position is a Full-Time position with office hours Monday to Friday. On offer is a salary of £8-£9 per hour (depending on experience), as well as excellent benefits including, 30 days holiday per year.
If you have the relevant skills and experience and would like to be considered, please apply by forwarding an up to date CV as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser, and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: office, administration, office admin, office assistant, credit control, office support
Here at Spider, we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.