Operations Manager – Spider is supporting a well-established charity in Suffolk providing services for vulnerable, isolated people, in particular people with learning disabilities and more recently those with mental health needs and vulnerable families. They are looking for an experienced Operations Manager to join their team in Sudbury, Suffolk.
The charity provides a fantastic service which enables people to access a wide range of community-based leisure, social and learning opportunities through their Hub centre sessions, Community Engagement groups, Out and About service, their One-to-One befriending service, and their Community Care Farm.
This Operations Manager role will strengthen the senior management team, and where appropriate act as a leadership mentor to existing senior members. A sound operational background is essential as is experience of working with external and internal stakeholders and developing projects, ideally within the social care sector. Strategic awareness and the ability to contribute effectively at this level are vital. Also required will be experience of responding to Tender opportunities, the writing and submission of bids and completing the necessary monitoring and evaluation reports.
As the successful Operations Manager you will be involved in the following types of tasks:
- Work alongside the CEO as a key member of the Senior Management Team and play a significant role in the development of the strategic planning and future direction for the charity, as a key member of the Senior Management Team
- Bring new ideas to Senior Management Team meetings for discussion.
- Supervise and line manage and support all Area Coordinators, AAC and other front-line staff.
- Ensure that all activities are carried out in a manner which follows best practice, meets quality standards, legislation and contractual requirements
- Actively plan lead and managing a people strategy to develop the workforce, driving performance, recruitment and retention of staff.
- Complete project and service reviews.
- Identify risks and ensure appropriate action is taken to mitigate risk.
- Ensure that a clear induction programme exists for all new staff and that the staff team are provided with appropriate training opportunities.
- Build and maintain constructive relationships with commissioners and other key stakeholders.
- Work closely with the SMT and other staff where appropriate to ensure that individual funded projects are managed, monitored and completed on time.
- In consultation with the CEO to contribute to the development and regular review of the schemes policies and procedures
- Raise the profile and awareness of TBS and represent the organisation a senior level.
- Be actively involved in the recruitment of new staff
- To assume the role of Deputy Safeguarding Officer
- Monitor the programme of continuous volunteer recruitment and support across the county working with the AC’s and other staff.
- Deputise for the CEO in their absence and undertake distinct areas of work identified by the CEO that are directly linked to the strategy and long-term goals of the scheme
They are looking for a positive and motivated candidate who can communicate with a wide range of people and in different settings. You will be highly organised with excellent time management skills. They are looking for a confident, highly organised manager with excellent project and service management skills.
This is a full time, permanent position. You will be 35 hours per week, working 7 hours per day, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. In return, the salary on offer is £29,575- £32,760 per annum. Other benefits include, 25 working days per annum on appointment, rising to 30 days after 10 years plus Bank and Public Holidays (pro rata for Part Time).
The charity is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults, children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
If you feel you have the relevant skills to support this great charity, then please apply by forwarding an up-to-date CV including your email address and telephone number. We look forward to hearing from you.
Please check your email inbox and spam / junk mail folder for any email correspondence for this role.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser, and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: operations, operations manager, management, charity, senior management
Here at Spider, we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text, or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.