Operations Supervisor –Join their team if you’re looking for a challenging and rewarding career! They are looking for an Operations Supervisor to join them in Corby, Northamptonshire.
You will be the supervisor of a highly dedicated and professional team, which is responsible for delivering the highest quality service to the client. As an Operations Supervisor you will be responsible for the customer contract in terms of H&S, customer service and cost.
- Forming a relationship with key contracts at the Customer through regular meetings and visits.
- Manage performance in terms of Health and Safety, customer service, profit and loss, liaising as necessary with the UK Operations Manager.
- Scheduling, attending, minuting, and driving actions through at Operational Reviews with the Customer in terms of service, operational performance, costs and initiatives.
- Review and analysing monthly reports with particular focus on cost, payload, and delivery performance.
- Participation in Load/Safety Audit procedures
- Liaise with the Contract Manager, making suggestions on improvements in the operation, transportation, and processes to deliver H&S, costs and service benefits.
- Recording, investigating, and responding to Customer complaints.
- Request and analysing forecast information, identifying potential problems or opportunities to the Customer.
- Bring any market changes to the attention of the Customer along with suggestions on how these will be managed.
- Provide quotes for loads not covered by the Customer Rates Schedule.
You will need previous experience in operations and a customer facing role with a strong customer orientation. Excellent organisational skills, including ability to prioritise, work to deadlines and adjust with decisiveness and integrity. Excellent communication skills with ability to liaise with people at all levels in a professional manner. Attention to detail and accuracy. Basic knowledge of systems updating and data entry, including working knowledge of MS Word and Excel. Excellent problem-solving skills, with an innovative approach, and able to take the initiative. Strong teamwork ethic, motivational and cooperation skills. A strong sense of responsibility and accountability. Health and Safety knowledge and awareness.
This is a full-time position. You will be working 40 hours per week. You will need to be flexible to work extended hours if required.
Who are they?
They work with some of the largest companies in the world to make sure that their goods get to where they need to on time and efficiently. They have locations across Europe and the Northern Mediterranean and their routes cover road, rail, and sea.
They operate from over 20 locations in 13 countries and work with some of the best-known global household names.
They are a part of DP World who are one of the largest global logistics companies in the world; at any one time 10% of all shipping containers in the world are being shipped by DP World. They are proud to lead the future of logistics to help enable global trade in the 21st century and beyond.
They offer a competitive package in line with the seniority of the position. Salary is £34,000 - £37,000 per annum, dependent on experience of the successful candidate.
Other benefits include Company pension, travel concessions, Employee Assistance Scheme and an employee wellbeing programme, along with opportunities for personal and professional training and development.
Do you have what we’re looking for? And does this sound like the perfect opportunity for you? We hope so – in which case, now’s the time to let us know! Please apply by forwarding an up-to-date CV as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
Please check your email inbox and spam / junk mail folder for any email correspondence for this vacancy.
If you require any reasonable adjustments such as access or information in an alternative format, please inform us soon as you are able so that we can make the appropriate adjustments.
Additional keywords: logistics, supervisor, operational, operations, customer service supervisor, customer service