Packaging Operatives (Kegging)
Ready to embark on a new career challenge for a fantastic manufacturer?
An excellent opportunity for experienced Packaging Operatives to join our Packaging Team on a fixed 6am-2pm or 2pm-10pm shift on a full-time basis in Aspall, Suffolk.
In 1728, they were founded by Clement Chevallier in the parish of Aspall, Suffolk. While all around him were growing cereals, he chose to plant apple trees. Almost 300 years on, they’re still going against the grain, making remarkable cyder & cyder vinegars at the original Cyder House.
Fantastic company benefits include:
- Competitive Salary: On offer is a starting salary of £24,921 per annum (£27,413 per annum inclusive of unsocial payment of 10% for 2pm-10pm shift)
- Holiday: 34 days inclusive of Bank Holidays
- Pension: matched up to 10% employer contribution
- Healthcare: private medical cover on an individual basis
- Free Parking: we provide onsite free parking
- Employee extras such as: Generous Sick Pay, Company Bonus Scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, Cycle to Work Scheme, Product Allowance and Flexible Benefits (such as buy/sell holiday)
About the role:
As part of our packaging team you will predominantly be based in our Kegging Hall. You will be following production plans which may include start-up, running, cleaning of the production line and line shut down.
This role requires the use of FLT equipment and the handling of chemicals. All roles will include operating packaging plant, ensuring correct records are up to date on computer systems (SAP) and/or spreadsheets as well as cleaning/sterilisation of plant.
After a period of training, there will also be the requirement to provide cover in our Bottling Hall.
Although production experience is not necessarily required for these roles, experience of working to set processes and an ability to work under pressure whilst having excellent attention to detail and desire to do a job ‘right first time’ is essential. The successful candidates must have good communication skills and good reading and written English.
If you have the relevant skills and experience and would like to be considered, please apply by forwarding an up-to-date CV as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
If you require any reasonable adjustments such as access or information in an alternative format, please inform us soon as you are able so that we can make the appropriate adjustments.
Please check your email inbox and spam / junk mail folder for any email correspondence for this role.
Additional keywords: packing, operative, packaging, nights, manufacturing, kegging, night hygiene, production