Participant Engagement Coordinator - Spider is advertising on behalf of a highly successful environmental education charity, which helps disadvantaged and marginalised adults and children who are struggling to progress in life, work, or education, and who need support to overcome their unique personal barriers. Their team is expanding and now looking for a
Participant Engagement Coordinator to join them on a part-time basis covering Suffolk. You will be able to work from home and the different sites within Suffolk.
You will be working with their delivery team to provide opportunity for young people to engage in alternative education, learn essential life skills and grow in confidence and self-esteem within the natural environment. You will be patient, positive, culturally smart and can flex your approach to motivate and encourage. You will need to have strong interpersonal and administrative skills.
- Liaise with schools, pupil referral units and other partners to recruit young people to programmes.
- Work with young people, families and referral agencies to ensure the participants’ needs are met, progress is communicated effectively, and participant pathway opportunities are identified
- Develop and maintain relationships with participants and referral agencies and other support agencies.
- Represent GLT externally at forums, networks and events
- Fulfil appropriate risk assessment with the young person, delivery staff and also referral partners
- Maintain high standard of record keeping, reporting and administrative skills
- Manage and escalate safeguarding concerns, working with your manager and where appropriate, other partners
Essential Experience and Knowledge
- Experience in partnership working and building strong relationships
- Experience of working with children and young people
- Experience of compiling and presenting information and reports
- Working with people with additional needs and/or special educational needs
- Experience working with both marginalised and diverse communities
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both oral and written
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to adapt your approach
- Creative thinker, with proven problem-solving skills
- Strong administration skills, coupled with a good eye for detail and highly organised
- Proven ICT skills and confident with managing data, in line with GDPR
- Demonstrate respect for all cultures, religions and beliefs
- Works equally well independently, on own initiative, and as part of a team
- Previous experience/knowledge of working with Education, Health and Care Plans
- Working in the natural environment in either a conservation or education setting
- Experience of working with individuals and families who are facing specific challenges which could be related to mental health, trauma or struggling to engage with mainstream education.
- Culturally competent and able to adapt your style to strengthen work around cultural diversity.
This Participant Engagement Coordinator position is part- time, permanent position - 22 hours per week. On offer is a competitive salary of £23,816 (pro rata).
If you have the relevant skills and experience and would like to be considered, please apply by forwarding an up-to-date CV as soon as possible. Please ensure you include your email address and contact telephone number so that we can contact you easily. Please note, flexible base and will be able to work from home some of the time – travel required. We look forward to hearing from you.
As the post will involve contact with children or vulnerable adults, a satisfactory Criminal Records Bureau Disclosure will be required in the event of a successful application.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser, and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: Participant Experience Coordinator, PEC, PEA, Coordinator, Project Worker, Support Worker, Administrator, Co-ordinator, Recruitment, Pathways, Part time
Here at Spider, we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text, or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.