PCV Supervisor / Mechanic – Greys of Ely, a reputable family owned and award-winning business in providing VIP and luxury coach travel. Currently we are looking to recruit an experienced PCV Supervisor / Mechanic to join our team in Cambridge. Successful PCV Supervisor / Mechanic candidates will be based from our Ely headquarters, with earnings available of £37,000 - £39,000 depending on experience plus benefits.
As a PCV Supervisor / Mechanic, you will be joining a skilled close-knit team of dedicated technicians that helps keep our wheels turning by ensuring every aspect of our vehicles meet and exceed strict industry standards, with a business that is willing to invest in your training and development and values every member of the team.
Duties will include:
- Administer daily allocation of workshop tasks using computer based Vehicle Maintenance System, whilst you will administer the work to the engineers for both daily and future planning requirements you will also be required to be an effective team member and assist with various general duties in the workshop and yard.
- Plan company routine maintenance (5 weekly), MOT prep / delivery, defect repair, stock in-take.
- Working in a fully equipped, spacious, and busy vehicle repair workshop, maintaining the company’s fleet of modern vehicles on a rolling service schedule in-line with DVSA standards and practices.
- Carrying out routine servicing and repairs.
- Preparing vehicles for annual test.
- One off special projects
- Routine vehicle examinations.
- Using the latest diagnostic equipment to diagnose faults and specifying the correct method of repair.
- Complying with all relevant Engineering SOPs and VOSA testing requirements.
- Maintaining and developing technical skills through on-going training and support.
Skills and Attributes:
- You will Ideally be an IRTEC accredited, apprentice trained and fully qualified PCV Mechanic / PSV Technician / HGV Fitter, with either City & Guilds or NVQ level 2 / 3 in Heavy Vehicle Mechanics Maintenance & Repair or equivalent.
- Relevant background and 5-year minimum experience maintaining and repairing commercial vehicles such as coaches, buses, HGV, PSV / PCV, LGV, working with diesel engines, gearboxes, hydraulics, power trains, and electrics.
- You should also ideally possess a current PCV licence or be willing to be trained to achieve, to enable road testing and brake testing.
In return you will be paid £37,000 - £39,000 (based on £14.25ph) – depending on experience. Hours are Monday to Friday between 6.00am to 6.00pm, and 1-hour unpaid lunch break, additional paid hours outside of these as required by the business. We will also invest in your further training, helping you achieve IRTEC accreditation. Provide you with a branded uniform.
If you have the relevant skills and experience and would like to work for a company who will invest in you, then please forward an up to date CV, with your email address and contact number, as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser, and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: PCV mechanic, PSV, Technician, HGV mechanic, IRTEC, mechanic, vehicle repairs, coach, bus, automotive
Here at Spider, we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.