PCV Mechanic – Greys of Ely, a reputable family owned and award-winning business in providing VIP and luxury coach travel. Currently we are looking to recruit an experienced PCV Mechanic / PSV Technician to join our team in Cambridge. Successful PCV Mechanic / PSV Technician candidates will be based on our Ely headquarters.
As a PCV Mechanic / PSV Technician, you will be joining a skilled close-knit team of dedicated technicians that helps keep our wheels turning by ensuring every aspect of our vehicles meet and exceed strict industry standards, with a business that is willing to invest in your training and development and values every member of the team.
Duties will include:
- Working in a fully equipped, spacious, and busy vehicle repair workshop, maintaining the company’s fleet of modern vehicles on a rolling service schedule in-line with DVSA standards and practices.
- Carrying out routine servicing and repairs.
- Preparing vehicles for annual test.
- One off special projects
- Routine vehicle examinations.
- Using the latest diagnostic equipment to diagnose faults and specifying the correct method of repair.
- Complying with all relevant Engineering SOPs and VOSA testing requirements.
- Maintaining and developing technical skills through on-going training.
Skills and Attributes:
- You will Ideally be an IRTEC accredited, apprentice trained and fully qualified PCV Mechanic / PSV Technician / HGV Fitter, with either City & Guilds or NVQ level 2 / 3 in Heavy Vehicle Mechanics Maintenance & Repair or equivalent.
- Relevant background and 5-year minimum experience maintaining and repairing commercial vehicles such as coaches, buses, HGV, PSV / PCV, LGV, working with diesel engines, gearboxes, hydraulics, power trains, and electrics.
- You should also ideally possess a current PCV licence or be willing to be trained to achieve, to enable road testing and brake testing.
In return you will be paid £33,000 - £35,000 (based on £14.25ph) – depending on experience and overtime and plus benefits. Hours are minimum of 45hours Monday to Friday between 6.00am to 6.00pm, and 1-hour unpaid lunch break, additional paid hours outside of these as required by the business at over-time rate. We will also invest in your further training, helping you achieve IRTEC accreditation and provide you with a branded uniform.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider. The regions Fixed Fee Web Recruiter and Online Job Advertiser. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, and Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: PCV mechanic, PSV, Technician, HGV mechanic, IRTEC, mechanic, vehicle repairs, coach, bus, automotive
By applying for this role, you give permission for Spider to submit your personal information contained within your CV or any other relevant information provided in order for the prospective employer to review your application for the specific role applied for. Spider Web Recruitment will not submit or use your personal information for any other purposes other than for searching for alternative employment.