Platform Developer - Spider is advertising on behalf of a small, fast growing, and ambitious privately owned EdTech company, based in Newmarket, Suffolk, who are looking for a Platform Developer to join their team.
This Platform Developer role would be ideal for a recent graduate or someone looking for their first job move who has an interest in education and technology and who wants to work for a company that can make a real impact in supporting some of the most isolated members of our community. You will be working directly with their senior developer and will be responsible for undertaking a range of projects.
- Further developing content management systems
- Integrating new technologies for virtual and blended learning into the platform
- Extended data management, reporting and API functionality to integrate learning records with education providers’ data base systems
- Ensuring that all new developments meet Information Assurance, data security and data protection requirements.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
- A demonstrably solid grounding in some or all the following tools and technologies:
- The ability to work quickly and accurately on a variety of different work packages and projects that could encompass all aspects of the platform development
- No specialist skills are required, the client is looking for an outstanding all rounder who has the flexibility to develop new concepts and ideas by building on their existing knowledge base
- The ability and motivation to evolve as the business grows and help develop the platform and the range of courses that it is used for.
This Platform Developer position is a Full-Time position, 37.5 hours / week. The client expects that the job will be based in their Newmarket offices. A degree of remote/ virtual working can be accommodated. On offer is a salary of £25,000-£28,000 (depending on experience), as well as excellent benefits including: Contributory company pension scheme, Holiday-23 working days per year.
If you have the relevant skills and experience and would like to be considered, please apply by forwarding an up to date CV as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser, and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: trainee, graduate, development, data, data management
Here at Spider, we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.