Process Engineer – This is a great opportunity to join GB Ingredients, part of the Lallemand Group. We are a well-established international company that specialises in the development, production, and marketing of yeasts and bacteria and we are looking for a Process Engineer to be based at our site in Felixstowe, Suffolk.
Do you have previous experience within the food/ brewery sectors? If so, we would love to hear from you!
As the Process Engineer, you will report to the Special Projects Manager.
- Leads significant improvements in factory processes using appropriate improvement techniques e.g., root cause analysis, Stable Operation, Visual Management, 5S etc
- Participates in and/or lead specific studies directed at CI, process development and/or optimization
- Develops, designs, and integrates new technologies into production. Process design & detail engineering including diagrams, design calculations and selection of equipment, etc. for tenders
The role must deliver (internal and external) customer requirements on time and in full on a routine basis. This will involve excellent planning and coordination of people, plant and work processes to deliver the most cost-effective solutions for the business. Typical examples will include:
- Assist managers in troubleshooting process issues as required
- Assist and support managers in developing key manufacturing performances strategies and reports. Including overall equipment effectiveness (OEE), plus relevant production, quality, safety and people performance indicators
- Gain yeast manufacturing process knowledge while working on the various improvement or optimization studies
- Ensuring that customers’ requirements are fulfilled according to the scope of work and fully planned in liaison with the area owner
- Ensuring that this plan is fully aligned with any upstream/downstream processes and that resources (human and plant) are planned, available and ready to deliver these plans
- Support key performance indicators (KPIs) management in liaison with areas owner.
- Help to understand, analyse and tackle any known constraints within plant area using a structured approaches
Plant maintenance and projects
- Liaises with Engineering, Upstream/Downstream Manager/Day Production Coordinator roles and operators to ensure alignment between continuous improvement processes
- Assists Engineering Manager in ensuring that individual production lines and assets have the best possible overall equipment effectiveness (OEE)
- Initiates ideas for capex/opex projects and/or other initiatives; and ensures that these are properly assessed for cost and benefit while writing comprehensive scope of work
- Actively engaged during project start-up phase in order to ensure project safe and timely completion
The Process Engineer role is full-time, working 09.00am – 17.00pm Monday to Friday. On offer to the successful candidate is a salary range of £35,000-£45,000 per annum, depending on experience. You will receive 25 days holiday, and access to a contributory pension scheme.
You will need a degree qualified (2:1 or above) in food manufacturing, chemical, biochemical engineering science discipline. You will have experience of lean manufacturing techniques and in designing & implementing technology on a production line. You will have strong organisational and project management skills. You will be computer literate, including Microsoft Office. You will demonstrate commitment and a good understanding of health and safety for self and others.
Some familiarity with industry standard equipment and technical expertise used for example in Beer or Milk industries would be desirable.
This role provides support for process development and continuous improvement in our yeast manufacturing plant at Felixstowe. This is a great opportunity to join an organization who welcome those looking to progress with their professional development and are capable for working on their own initiative in a fast-paced manufacturing environment. As a result of our global success, there are opportunities for exceptional candidates to progress throughout the business. If you would like to join our company, please apply by forwarding an up to-date CV as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
No Recruitment Agencies please
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser, and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: manufacturing, engineering, processing, process engineer, yeast, biochemical, chemical, science, food manufacturing, planning, production
Here at Spider, we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text, or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.