Production / Process Operative
Ready to embark on a new career challenge for a fantastic manufacturer? As a Production / Process Operative you will initially be assigned to our Cyder Processing team but there will be the opportunity to train across multi-departments for the right individuals.
In 1728, they were founded by Clement Chevallier in the parish of Aspall, Suffolk. While all around him were growing cereals, he chose to plant apple trees. Almost 300 years on, they’re still going against the grain, making remarkable cyder & cyder vinegars at the original Cyder House.
Fantastic company benefits include:
- Competitive Salary: on offer is a starting salary of £26,164.32 per annum (£33,164.32 per annum inclusive of shift enhancement)
- Shift Pattern: continental shift pattern, averaging 42 hours a week on a rotating 12-hour shift basis to include 2 days, 2 nights followed by 4 rest periods
- Holiday: 288 hours inclusive of Bank Holidays
- Pension: matched up to 10% employer contribution
- Healthcare: private medical cover on an individual basis
- Free Parking: we provide onsite free parking
- Employee extras such as: Generous Sick Pay, Company Bonus Scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, Cycle to Work Scheme, Product Allowance and Flexible Benefits (such as buy/sell holiday)
About the role:
You will be part of the team who make our amazing Cyders, undertaking fermentation make up and monitoring, ingredient mixing, filtration, CIP, product blending, for bottling and bulk tanker dispatch.
All roles will include operating process plant via automated computer systems, ensuring correct records are up to date on computer systems (SAP) and/or spreadsheets and performing laboratory testing.
Although production experience is not necessarily required for these roles, experience of working to set processes and an ability to work under pressure whilst having excellent attention to detail and desire to do a job ‘right first time’ is essential. The successful candidates must have experience of computer data entry at a minimum, good communication skills and good reading and written English.
If you have the relevant skills and experience and would like to be considered, please apply by forwarding an up-to-date CV as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
Please check your email inbox and spam / junk mail folder for any email correspondence for this role.
If you require any reasonable adjustments such as access or information in an alternative format, please inform us soon as you are able so that we can make the appropriate adjustments.
Additional keywords: production, processing, products, fermentation, maker, manufacturing, cyder maker