Spider Recruitment Services, the specialist recruitment division of Spider are currently working with a leading marketing and design agency based in Colchester who are looking to add to their team.
This is a full-time, permanent role joining a busy printing and signage department, with the main task being to operate and maintain their cutting system machinery, whilst carrying out some day to day tasks along the way, still based in the production workshop as outlined below.
- Loading and unloading various materials at different height, sizes and weights adhering to correct manual handling procedures, using lift aids where applicable.
- Daily / weekly / monthly maintenance tasks to be performed on each machine where applicable, recorded and documented.
- Daily maintenance logs to be completed and kept updated
- Daily stock-take of materials used.
- Machines to be kept clean and tidy, in terms of cleanliness and organisation.
- Maintaining the correct levels of stock set by the Production Manager and placing orders on time using the correct ordering method.
- Be able to work on your own initiative or as part of a team
- Quality checking work, cross referencing artwork against visual layouts and detailed brief’s produced.
- To read each brief and cross reference against artwork and information provided.
- To eventually be able to train any new starter on each job on the machinery
- Keeping the general working space and surrounding area clean and tidy.
A basic starting salary of £19,000 to £21,000 (depending on experience) is on offer for the role along with a generous remuneration package so please apply by forwarding an up to date CV as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser and Specialist Recruiter, who provide recruitment services in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: Printing, Cutting Systems, Machinery, Marketing, Advertising, Production, Magazines, Press, Large Format
Spider will not use your personal information for any other purposes other than for searching for alternative employment. We will also request additional consent directly from you before submitting your personal information to any recruiting company who are working directly with Spider. We will never disclose your information to any third party unless legally required to do so and we will only ever contact you with the sole purpose of helping you find your dream job or offering career related advice.