Production Operative (Mechanical)
Spider Recruitment Services, the specialist recruitment division of Spider are working with a leading local business who specialise in manufacturing and distributing towed equipment, trailers and parts to the plant hire, construction and utility industries. They are now looking to recruit a mechanically minded Production Operative to be based from the Colchester headquarters.
As the successful Production Operative you will be reporting to the Production Supervisor and in turn the Operations Director, you will be responsible for following instructions and building trailers from specification. Along with maintaining the workflow of team and ensuring quality, compliance and H&S requirements are consistently met.
Production Operative duties will include:
• Working with the other production staff to build trailers, and plan and schedule the safe production of trailers to ensure customer delivery dates are met.
• Work in accordance with VCA requirements and the ISO 9001:2015 standard.
• Communicate with the Warehouse to ensure sufficient stock is available to meet production.
• Support the warehouse and dispatch operation as requested.
• Maintain a good working relationship with all functional departments, particularly Sales, to add value to the operations of the business.
Skills and Attributes
• Proven mechanical/production/assembly experience, this could be in a similar environment and having an NVQ L2 in a mechanical or engineering qualification
• Understanding of the Production planning and processes
• ERP proficient.
• Strong communication skills.
• Results driven person who is self-motivated.
This is a full-time, permanent role working Monday to Friday with a basic salary of £22,000 - £23,000 per annum, plus great benefits including free onsite parking, contributory pension scheme, a bonus scheme of up to 10% of annual salary plus 29 days holiday (including birthday and bank holidays).
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser and Specialist Recruiter, who provide recruitment services in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: Mechanical, Fitter, Assembly, Electrical, Technical, Drawings, Production Technician, Hand Tools, Power Tools, Trailers
Spider will not use your personal information for any other purposes other than for searching for alternative employment. We will also request additional consent directly from you before submitting your personal information to any recruiting company who are working directly with Spider. We will never disclose your information to any third party unless legally required to do so and we will only ever contact you with the sole purpose of helping you find your dream job or offering career related advice.