Production Operative –Omega Ingredients are a multi- award-winning manufacturer and supplier of innovative, natural, and organic ingredients for flavours and fragrances and to the food, beverage, cosmetic and toiletry markets. We are seeking an experienced Production Operative to join our team at Great Blakenham, Suffolk.
We aim to be the most outstanding International Creative Flavour and Fragrance Company, providing high quality performance products with customer focus delivered by a passionate and dynamic team and we can only do this if our teams support our vision and goals.
The successful Production Operative will assist the Factory team with the day-to-day tasks. You will be ensuring quality and safety procedures are met with the highest of standards.
Your other key duties will include:
- Ensuring the site, factory and its equipment is clean, tidy, and conforming to quality standards always.
- Assisting the Warehouse team completing various duties such as incoming and outgoing goods.
- Support the Production Team with producing flavours.
- Continually working to reduce the SIN Score and Non-Conformances from the Factory and Warehouse.
- Ensuring a safe working environment always and conforming to health and safety regulations.
- Propose new ideas for improvement and suggest solutions to challenges.
- Lifting and manual handling.
Goals that will measure our Success
- Accuracy of manufacturing builds
- Completing tasks on time and in full
- Reduction of Sin Score and NCRs
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Manufacturing experience (3+ years desirable)
Skills & Knowledge
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Understanding of Food Safety
- Forklift Truck trained (desirable)
- Reliable, punctual and organised
- An interest in Science and manufacturing
- Able to embrace and live the Omega mission, vision and values
- Being inquisitive and innovative in increasing knowledge, developing skills and abilities
- Team Player with position, passionate attitude
- To be able to work under pressure and within a fact paced environment.
This is a full-time role working 37.5 hours a week (Shift work in the future, alongside growth of business). On offer is a competitive salary with 28 days holidays (including bank holidays) as well as a host of benefits including free gym sessions, private healthcare and cycle scheme plus lots more.
Our continued & planned growth allows us the opportunity to seek further talent to join our highly experienced professionals. If you are ready for your next challenge & are not phased by a demanding environment, we could be just right for you. As an Investor in People we care what our teams think and are very proud to be able to offer an environment where you are more than just a number.
If you would like to explore this opportunity please apply by forwarding an up to date CV, including your email address and telephone number, as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
Strictly No Recruitment Agencies please – Any communication will be redirected back to Spider.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser, and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: production operative, production operative, production assistant, operative, operative support, quality control, manufacturing
Here at Spider, we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.