Production Operative –Omega Ingredients are a multi- award-winning manufacturer and supplier of innovative, natural, and organic ingredients for flavours and fragrances and to the food, beverage, cosmetic and toiletry markets. We are seeking an experienced Production Operative to join our team at Great Blakenham, Suffolk.
We aim to be the most outstanding International Creative Flavour and Fragrance Company, providing high quality performance products with customer focus delivered by a passionate and dynamic team and we can only do this if our teams support our vision and goals.
The successful Production Operative will manufacture flavourings and extracts under the instruction and guidance of the Production Manager. You will be ensuring quality and safety procedures are met with the highest of standards.
Your other key duties will include:
- Ensuring the site, factory and its equipment is clean, tidy, and conforming to quality standards always and general warehouse duties.
- Producing safe products to specification.
- Continually working to reduce the Non-Conformances from the Factory and Warehouse and always maintaining production housekeeping.
- Ensuring a safe working environment continuously and conforming to health and safety regulations (must be willing to undertake training to meet both food safety & health and safety legislation/requirements).
- Manufacture flavourings and ingredients according to build instructions.
- Propose new ideas for improvement and suggest solutions to challenges.
- Lifting and manual handling.
Qualifications and Experience:
- GCSE’s (or equivalent) including Maths, English and Science
- Manufacturing experience (2+ years desirable)
You will be reliable, punctual, and organised. Have a passion and an interest in Science and manufacturing. Be inquisitive and innovative in increasing knowledge, developing skills and abilities. You will be a team player with position, passionate attitude as well as the ability to work on your own as well as to be able to work under pressure and within a fast-paced environment.
Other qualities you will need:
- Understanding of ERP/IT systems (desirable)
- Understanding of Food Safety and GMP.
- Able to understand QC and NPD functions.
- Forklift Truck trained (desirable)
This is a full-time role working 37.5 hours a week (Shift work in the future, alongside growth of business). On offer is a competitive salary between £18,000 - £23,000 per annum with 33 days holidays (including bank holidays) as well as a host of benefits including free gym sessions, private healthcare, and cycle scheme plus lots more.
Our continued & planned growth allows us the opportunity to seek further talent to join our highly experienced professionals. If you thrive on challenges & are enthused by variety, we could be just right for you. As an Investor in People, we care what our teams think and are very proud to be able to offer an environment where you are more than just a number.
If you would like to explore this opportunity, please apply by forwarding an up-to-date CV, including your email address and telephone number, as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
Strictly No Recruitment Agencies please – Any communication will be redirected back to Spider.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser, and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: production operative, production operative, production assistant, operative, operative support, quality control, manufacturing
Here at Spider, we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.