Production Operative (Roaster) – Spider is advertising for a successful and well-established company specialising in the blending, flavouring and roasting of healthy seed snacks & sprinkles. They are looking to recruit a Production Operative to join their roasting department, as part of their fun and friendly team based in Leiston.
As the successful Production Operative (Roaster), you will report to the Production Manager and carry out day to day operations of one of three roasting lines, including pre-start checks and the completion of electronic production records. In return they are offering an hourly rate of £9.50 per hour.
Key responsibilities for the Roaster Production Operative are:
- Picking, blending and processing ingredients, weighing up to 25kg
- Ensure product is roasted to agreed specification levels in terms of appearance, taste and texture
- Monitoring stock levels of ingredients in your area, submitting requirement requests to the stock controller in a timely manner
- Day to day management of the Mezzanine floor and roasting area, including steam cleaning production equipment at the end of the week
- Report issues to management, e.g. quality issues, spillages, machinery / equipment problems, or other issues that may be a Food or Health and Safety risk
- Cooperate with the production team to ensure daily targets are met, working as a team
- Ensure that the shutdown procedure for your area of responsibility is completed at the end of each day
- Running of hand roasting ovens when required
- Provide holiday / sick cover for fellow employees
- Pack finished product into bulk sacks (20kg) as required
- Keep work areas clean and tidy, carrying out housekeeping tasks in a timely manner
Skills and attributes required:
- Excellent communication and IT skills
- Level 2 Food Safety and Hygiene Certificate – or a willingness to obtain one
- Experience within a food production or factory environment is desired
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to be a team player
On offer to the ideal candidate is a salary of £9.50 per hour and working 40 hours a week across a 4-day week (Monday to Thursday).
If you have the relevant skills and experience, please apply by forwarding an up to date CV as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider. The regions Fixed Fee Web Recruiter and Online Job Advertiser. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: production, manufacturing, food, health and safety, machine operative, packing
Here at Spider, we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text, or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.