Production Operative / Machine Operator - Spider Recruitment Services, the specialist recruitment division of Spider are currently working with a leading design and build company based on Severalls Industrial Estate on the outskirts of Colchester. This business is a market leader and have a strong reputation when it comes high quality, bespoke interior design and fit out materials for their clients.
This is a full-time, permanent role joining a busy production team who all work together to get the job done, but have fun along the way. If you have a srong work ethic and a keen eye for detail, then this one is for you. They are looking for someone who is self-motivated and has the right attitude to progress themselves in their work.
You will be joining a fast paced environment, so if you can think on your feet and problem solve then you are half way there for this role; a previous role in a production or manufacturing environment would be beneificial however.
The main task for this role is to be able to operate and maintain their cutting systems and CNC machinery, along with carrying out some day to day tasks in the production workshop as outlined below.
- Loading and unloading various materials at different height, sizes and weights adhering to correct manual handling procedures, using lift aids where applicable.
- Daily / weekly / monthly maintenance tasks to be performed on each machine where applicable, recorded and documented.
- Daily maintenance logs to be completed and kept updated.
- Daily stock-take of materials used.
- Machines to be kept tidy, in terms of cleanliness and organisation.
- Maintaining the correct levels of stock set by the Production Manager and placing orders on time using the correct ordering method.
- Be able to work on your own initiative or as part of a team.
- Quality checking work, cross referencing artwork against visual layouts and detailed brief's produced.
- To read each brief and cross reference against artwork and information provided.
- To eventually be able to train any new starter on each job on the machinery.
- Keeping the general working space and surrounding area clean and tidy.
A basic starting salary of £23,000 - £24,000 is on offer along with a generous remuneration package so please apply by forwarding an up to date CV as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser and Specialist Recruiter, who provide recruitment services in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: Printing, Cutting Systems, Machinery, Production, Press, Large Format Signage, Construction, Fit-out, Sign Fitting, Sign Making, Interior Design
Spider will not use your personal information for any other purposes other than for searching for alternative employment. We will also request additional consent directly from you before submitting your personal information to any recruiting company who are working directly with Spider. We will never disclose your information to any third party unless legally required to do so and we will only ever contact you with the sole purpose of helping you find your dream job or offering career related advice.