Production Operative – Are you looking for a new role in Production with various shift patterns available? Fuchs Lubricants (UK) plc, part of the International Fuchs Group, manufacturers lubricants and related specialties (more than 10,000 products) for more than 85 years. With 64 companies and more than 6,000 employees worldwide, the FUCHS Group is the leading independent supplier of lubricants. We are now recruiting for Production Operatives to join our team in Hanley, near Stoke on Trent
So, what’s this job all about?
The Production Operative position is within our Blending and Filling departments where responsibilities include the following:
- Manufacturing of lubricants using process control system
- Operating machinery and counterbalance forklift trucks
- Product changeovers
- Taking samples for QC testing to ensure product is to quality standards.
- Completing daily housekeeping checks
- Any other duties as required by the production management team.
As a Production Operative you will ideally have experience within production or machine operation, excellent communication skills and the ability to work well as part of a team. Experience of operating a Counterbalance Forklift is also desirable along with the relevant licence.
Shift 1: Days, Noons, Nights (40 hours per week). Rotating shift pattern as follows-
- Week 1 – AM Shift = Tues – Sat 6.00am – 14.00pm
- Week 2 – Night Shift = Sun – Thurs 22.00pm – 6.00am
- Week 3 – PM Shift = Mon – Fri 14.00pm – 22.00pm
- 1 in 6 cover, required for Monday AM shift (6.00am-14.00pm)
Shift 2: Permanent Nights (39 hours per week)
- 22.00pm – 6.00am Sun – Weds, and 20.00pm – 3.00am Thurs.
Shift 3: Days and Noons (39 hours per week). Rotating shift pattern as follows-
- Week 1 – AM Shift = 6.00am-14.00pm Mon to Thurs, 6.00am-13.00pm Fri
- Week 2 – PM Shift = 14.00pm-22.00pm Mon to Thurs, 13.00pm-20.00pm Fri
Shift 4 – Weekend Shift (36 hours per week)
- 13.00pm – 1.00am Fri, Sat, and Sun (3 x 12-hour shifts)
On offer is a competitive salary plus great benefits including
- Above statutory Holiday Entitlement
- Annual Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- Free On-site Parking
- Free Supply of Workwear
- Employee Assistance Program
- Discounted Nissan Vehicles
- Discounted Private Medical Cover
If you have all the relevant skills and experience and would like to join our company, please apply by forwarding an up-to-date CV as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
No Recruitment agencies please.
If you require any reasonable adjustments such as access or information in an alternative format, please inform us soon as you are able so that we can make the appropriate adjustments.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser, and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: production, operative, manufacturing, machine, operation, forklift
Here at Spider, we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text, or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.