Production Operatives- Spider is advertising on behalf of a highly successful company who for 50 years, have helped keep hundreds-of-thousands of road, off-highway and military vehicles moving in the right direction. They are now looking for experienced Production Operatives to join their team based in North Walsham, Norfolk.
Our client is recruiting for Production Operatives roles in both their disassembly and assembly teams. Do you have a production / mechanical background? If so, then we would love to hear from you!
As a Production Operative in the disassembly team, you will be responsible for the disassembly and preparation of used automotive parts for remanufacturing. This includes breaking down parts into component form, cleaning parts and inspecting parts to ensure they meet the required specifications and standards for the remanufacturing process.
As a Production Operative in the assembly team, you will be responsible for the assembly and testing of our range of new and remanufactured automotive parts. These parts include steering pumps, racks and columns, as well as differentials and hydraulic cylinders.
You will perform under the careful tuition of our highly skilled engineering team.
As part of your role, your key responsibilities / duties will include:
- Disassembling and cleaning used automotive parts, such as steering racks, steering gears and differentials
- Preparing disassembled parts for the assembly team
- Assembly and testing of our new and remanufactured parts
- Working to company issued work instructions, procedures and control plans
- Maintain an immaculately clean & safe working environment
- Picking, packing and other duties as required
- Relevant qualification in mechanical engineering or similar would be beneficial.
- Experience reading instructions on digital and manual platforms, as well as use power tools and hand tools
- Ability to work quickly, to a high standard and attention to detail
- Hardworking and reliable
- Lifting and transporting heavy parts
- Working well as part of a team and under minimum supervision
- Able to work occasional overtime as required
These Production Operative positions are Full- Time position. On offer is a salary of £8-10 per hour (depending on experience), as well as excellent benefits including 33 days holiday, including bank holidays Overtime paid at higher rate and1pm finish on Fridays.
If you have the relevant skills and experience and would like to be considered, please apply by forwarding an up to date CV as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
Please check your email inbox and spam / junk mail folder for any email correspondence for this role.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser, and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: production, operative, operations, operatives, disassembly assembly
Here at Spider, we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.