Production Operator – This is a great opportunity to join GB Ingredients, part of the Lallemand Group. We are a well-established international company that specialises in the development, production, and marketing of yeasts and bacteria and we are now looking for a Production Operator to join our team, based at our site in Felixstowe, Suffolk.
Do you have previous experience within the food/ brewery sectors? If so, we would love to hear from you!
The key purpose of this role is to ensure that key aspects of the Drying and Packaging department run smoothly.
As the Production Operator you will also be responsible for day-based production routine and non-routine activities. You will be driving this area’s cleaning schedules, monitoring & preparing raw material and end-product and providing operational cover for shift roles when required by the production management team.
Other Key responsibilities:
- Demonstrating commitments to the Company and site values and behaviors by being a Quality, environment, safety and health (QESH) advocate
- Owning the internal cleaning rota for the drying and packing process area, liaising with internal colleagues and external contractors
- Liaising with engineering teams to understand forthcoming plant isolations and undertaking these to required safety standards; issuing Permits to Work and keeping track of ‘live’ permits and ensuring plant and equipment is handed back in good condition
- Maintenance activity coordination
- Provide training for shift operatives to a defined standard.
- Leading small continuous improvement projects
Skills and experience required:
- Experience in Food and Beverage, or Food services industry
- Level 2 Food Safety
- NEBOSH or IOSH safety certificate
- Environmental awareness – ISO14001
- Computer literacy, including Microsoft Office
- Ability to deal with and rationalise many complex dependencies and issues, and present recommendations and options to meet business needs
- Ability to prioritise effectively and remain focused on these priorities
- Effective communication and influencing skills
- Results focused “can do” attitude
- Self-starter – ability to work off own initiative Effective communication, influencing skills, determined and resilient
The Production Operator role is full-time, working 9am – 5.15pm Monday to Friday. On offer to the successful candidate is a salary of £28,000 dependent on experience and expertise. You will receive 25 days holiday, and access to a contributory pension scheme.
If you have all the relevant skills and experience and would like to join our company, please apply by forwarding an up to-date CV as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
No Recruitment Agencies please
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser, and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: Production, Drying, Production Operative, Operations, Food Industry, Food, Food Manufacturing, Day Operation
Here at Spider, we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text, or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.