Production Planner – GB Ingredients, part of the Lallemand Group, have a great opportunity for an experienced Production Planner to join our team at Felixstowe. We are a well-established international company that specialises in the development, production, and marketing of yeasts and bacteria.
The Production Planner has production coordination responsibility for the fermentation, processing, and packaging areas of our business. This includes scheduling, and communication of fermentations, drying, and packaging runs on multiple lines to ensure efficient overall factory production. It is responsible for monitoring and maintaining stocks of various production raw materials. It has supervisory responsibility for chemical offloading activities, plant wide cleaning routines, plus conducting plant isolations and issuing / tracking of permits to work. The role also liaises closely with the engineering team to ensure that production and engineering/maintenance plans are well integrated and executed in harmony.
- Production co-ordination and integration of maintenance planned activities into production plans
- Raw material monitoring and chemical off-loading
- Owning and co-ordinating the site wide cleaning rota
- Administering plant isolations and permitted activities
- Leading small continuous improvement projects
Skills and experience required:
- Demonstrates commitment to and a good understanding of health and safety for self and others
- Food manufacturing and technology knowledge
- Safety, quality, and environmental process awareness
- Problem-solving ability
- Computer literacy, including Microsoft Office
- Ability to deal with, prioritise and rationalise many complex dependencies and issues, and present recommendations and options to meet site needs
- Effective communication, numeracy and influencing skills
- Results focused “can do” attitude and a self-starter – ability to work off own initiative
- Flexible approach to work and openness to change
The Production Planning role is full-time, working 9am – 5.15pm Monday to Friday. On offer to the successful candidate is a salary range of £35,000 -£45,000 dependent on experience and expertise. You will receive 25 days holiday, and access to a contributory pension scheme.
If you have all the relevant skills and experience and would like to join our company, please apply by forwarding an up to date CV as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
No Recruitment Agencies please
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser, and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: Production, Manager, Shift Leader, Processing Planner, Production Planning Specialist
Here at Spider, we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text, or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.