Projects Support Assistant - Spider is advertising on behalf of a highly successful world-class manufacturer of centrifugal pumps, based at Rendlesham, Suffolk.
Due to continued development this organisation is seeking to recruit a dynamic Projects Support Assistant to strengthen its existing Projects Department and contribute towards the continued growth of its business.
This role will see the Projects Support Assistant providing timely and accurate support to the company’s contracts department and Projects Coordinators. There is both a proactive and reactive element to the role as well as a need to actively and effectively ensure order documentation is effectively managed and recorded through the company’s DMS – Documents Management System.
Candidates will need to be competent and comfortable with fulfilling daily workload and priorities as well as providing key back-office support including maintaining contact minutes and progress reports on key projects. Of key importance is the need to be organised, driven and able to support the team on a daily basis to help ensure key projects are delivered on time. They will be required to provide initial assessment of project returned documentation, allocate a document status and support the completion and/or return of documents on behalf of the company.
The main duties and responsibilities for this Projects Support Assistant position are:
- To manage the successful completion of contract documentation through the internal departments of the company, suppliers and Customers within the company’s DMS or Customer designated database.
- Provide ‘back-office’ support to the Projects Coordinators, attend customer project review meetings, take minutes and ensure actions are recorded.
- To effectively fulfil and manage allocated workload to ensure that required documentation is submitted, in accordance with the contracts pre agreed milestones.
- To produce draft accurate monthly production schedules and Customer progress reports.
- Highlight barriers which prevent critical documents being submitted or approved in the target timeline.
- Keeping the documentation on all designated orders up to date and reflective of the individual status and position.
Previous experience of working within an operational contract department or equivalent would be beneficial, although this is not essential. Of high importance will be the ability to quickly learn the company’s DMS (Document Management System) and ensuring key priorities and status are visible throughout the lifecycle of an order. There will be required a daily interaction between both Customers and the internal departments responsible for procurement, engineering and manufacturing. Other significant skills and attributes required in this role include the importance of being planned, organised and driven, with good routine monitoring skills and building relationships with others. Full training and support will be provided through a comprehensive 24 month tailored training and support plan.
This Projects Support Assistant position is a Full-Time position. On offer is a competitive salary (depending on experience), as well as excellent benefits including:
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Profit-related pay, performance dependent.
- 25 days holiday per year, plus public holidays.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Casual dress.
- Free, on-site parking.
- Company social events & typical working hours.
If you have the relevant skills and experience and would like to be considered, please apply by forwarding an up-to-date CV as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser, and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: projects, coordinator, project assistant, project management, documents, manufacturing
Here at Spider, we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.