Purchasing Assistant –Omega Ingredients are a multi award winning manufacturer and supplier of innovative, natural and organic ingredients for flavours and fragrances and to the food, beverage, cosmetic and toiletry markets. We are seeking an experienced Purchasing Assistant to join our team at Great Blakenham, to provide administrative support to the Procurement Manager.
We aim to be the most outstanding International Creative Flavour and Fragrance Company, providing high quality performance products with customer focus delivered by a passionate and dynamic team and we can only do this if our teams support our vision and goals.
The successful Purchasing Assistant will be innovative to come up with new ideas to drive efficient administrative processes and exceptional attention to detail that delivers quality information. As well as providing administrative support to the Procurement Manager your other key duties will include:
- Ensuring that all forms and logs are maintained and that all documents are filed systematically.
- Inputting and accurately maintain information held of Quotes and Supplier Information
- Sourcing, processing and receiving of consumables and commodities for the daily running of the Omega Ingredients UK site
- Consumable forecast and stock planning
- Updating the costs of raw materials and landed costs in multiple digital locations and platforms
- Maintenance and management of electronic product information repository
- On occasion evaluate, validate and approve suppliers suitable to supply goods to Omega Ingredients and follow sample and approval process
- Provide cover for the Procurement Manager in their absence
Our ideal will have:
- Relevant demonstratable experience gained in a similar role in purchasing or stock management.
- Previous experience of building effective relationships with stakeholders.
- Articulate communicator with effective oral and written skills to effectively communicate with all colleagues, customers and suppliers, professionally, honestly and timely, gaining feedback from colleagues and peers to achieve personal growth and improve effectiveness
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word applications as well as experience with managing and maintain data.
- Numeracy skills to calculate product costings accurately.
- Capable of managing own workload and confident in liaising at all levels in the business.
- Knowledge and experience of a flavours processing or manufacturing environment (Desirable).
- Previous experience of working within standards i.e. ISO, BRC (Desirable).
This is a full-time role working 37.5 hours a week and on offer is a salary of £18,000 - £23,000 per annum with 28 days holidays (including bank holidays) as well as a host of benefits including free gym sessions, private healthcare and cycle scheme plus lots more.
Our continued & planned growth allows us the opportunity to seek further talent to join our highly experienced professionals. If you are ready for your next challenge & are not phased by a demanding environment, we could be just right for you. As an Investor in People we care what our teams think and are very proud to be able to offer an environment where you are more than just a number.
If you would like to explore this opportunity please apply by forwarding an up to date CV, including your email address and telephone number, as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
Strictly No Recruitment Agencies please – Any communication will be redirected back to Spider.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser, and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: purchasing, coordinating, purchase orders, commercials, manufacturing, production, buyer, procurement, planning, planner, administration, admin, stock control
Here at Spider, we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.