Full-Time, Permanent Electrician. This is an EXCITING role!
Spider Recruitment Services, the specialist recruitment division of Spider are currently working with a leading commercial electrical contractor who specialise in Theatre, Entertainment and Live Events. Established in 2004, they set out to provide a reliable, professional service, offering tailored solutions to meet the varied requirements of their customers.
This business carries out work on all types of system from installation of additional sockets in a theatre dressing room to the design, inspection testing and sign-off of data centre temporary power arrangements. Most of the work will be around the London area and sometimes to the Southern region of the UK and occasionally even into Europe.
Scope of the job
- This job may sometimes involve occasional nights and weekends staying away.
- You may be tasked with assessing a planned solution and working with given materials to achieve the most appropriate installation.
- You should be able to consider the needs of the customer and make reasonable and compliant alterations to the design if required, meaning you should have excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work to your own initiative.
- Be fully electrically qualified and hold your NVQ3. Holding your 18th edition update would be appropriate but we will consider the quality of your knowledge and skills above recent training certificates. Experience of testing and inspection would be an advantage too.
- Have a well-maintained selection of electrician’s hand tools, a battery drill and an impact driver
- Be prepared and competent to complete appropriate certification for all your works using standard documents.
- Be enthusiastic and respectful, mindful that you are always representing the company
- Have a willingness to work and to give your best to the role
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Have good spelling, grammar & good basic numeracy
- Have the ability to research necessary instructions and guidance
- Always be neat and presentable
- Have excellent time-keeping, be reliable and punctual
- C&G 2365 levels 2 & 3 (or equivalent)
- C&G 2391-52 (or equivalent)
- Full drivers’ licence (max 3 points)
- IT literate with working knowledge of Excel and Word
- Legally entitled to work in the UK
- Company vehicle with deadlocks (you can opt for personal use)
- A company Megger MFT1700 series test meter
- A company electrical lock out kit and proving unit
- Membership of Workplace pension scheme
- Smart uniform and all appropriate PPE
- Company mobile phone
- Laptop computer
- Company credit card
- Fuel account card
- A pleasant and friendly working environment and team
- Any specific training that is necessary for your duties
- Additional relevant CPD training to allow you to further your career progress (subject to agreement)
- A clear contract of employment
- Regular monthly salary based upon a 40-hour work week
- Company owned specialist tools as required to enable you to deliver your best
- Fully expensed room when you stay away from home for work
- Travel time paid one way from your home base to the location of work
- Train fares / fuel costs covered for work related travel
This role is ideal for someone who is passionate about their work and really enjoys their chosen profession. The business encourages and supports their employees to no end, they do have a brilliant work culture here and this role is not to be missed!
A competitive salary is on offer from £32,000 - £35,000 depending on experience based on a 40 hour working week with plenty of overtime available should you want it, along with a generous remuneration package, so please apply by forwarding an up to date CV as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser and Specialist Recruiter, who provide recruitment services in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: Electrical, 18th Edition, 17th Edition, 1st Fix, 2nd Fix, Installation, Commercial, Conduit, Trunking, Mobile Engineer, Electrical Engineer
Spider will not use your personal information for any other purposes other than for searching for alternative employment. We will also request additional consent directly from you before submitting your personal information to any recruiting company who are working directly with Spider. We will never disclose your information to any third party unless legally required to do so and we will only ever contact you with the sole purpose of helping you find your dream job or offering career related advice.