Qualified Electrician - Spider Recruitment Services, the specialist recruitment division of Spider are currently working with a well-respected electrical contractor who offer a reliable, professional service offering tailored solutions to meet various customer requirements.
Who are they?
They are predominately a commercial electrical contractor who specialise in Theatre, Entertainment and Live Events. The workload of this role varies between installations in theatres and commercial premises as well as inspection and testing of large-scale power systems for global outdoor events. They really do pride themselves on quality, pragmatism, productivity, and integrity. They carry out work on all types of system from installation of additional sockets in a theatre dressing room to the design, inspection testing and sign-off of data centre temporary power arrangements. Most of the work is in the West End of London but would also take the successful applicant all over the UK and occasionally into Europe. This means you would be prepared to work varied hours and understand that the job may involve occasional nights and weekends and staying away (expensed of course).
Who are they looking for?
They want someone with good practical skills and to have a working level knowledge of BS7671. You must be comfortable in the day to day use of the IET Wiring Regulations and their guidance documents. You should have excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work to your own initiative.
Safety and quality are the most important parts of the offering. You must have the confidence to ensure that you can work in the safest possible manner, we expect you to think for yourself to ensure this is the case. We do not accept work that is substandard and you must be able to judge your own work as you carry it out to ensure it is of the very highest quality that can be achieved.
You must be fully electrically qualified and hold your NVQ3. Holding your 18th edition update would be appropriate but we will consider the quality of your knowledge and skills above recent training certificates. Experience of testing and inspection would be advantageous.
They would also expect the following:
- Excellent time keeping, reliability and punctuality
- A willingness to work and to give your best to the role
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good spelling, grammar & good basic numeracy
- The ability to research necessary instructions and guidance
- Be open minded and have the ability to work with a diverse range of people and environments
- You must be enthusiastic and respectful, mindful that you are always representing the company
- Perform any tasks given to the best of your ability in the safest way possible
- Be an Ambassador for them and those that instruct the company to provide the supplied services.
- C&G 2365 levels 2 & 3 (or equivalent)
- C&G 2391-52 (or equivalent)
- Full drivers' licence (max' 3 points)
- IT literate with working knowledge of Excel and Word as well as Google Suite packages
- UK / European passport
- Industry relevant training (PASMA, CSCS, IPAF, Working at Height, First aid at Work)
- JIB Gold Card
- Competitive basic salary
- Company vehicle
- Fuel card
- Credit card
- Mobile phone
- Megger MFT1700 series test meter
- Electrical lock out kit and proving unit
- Membership of Workplace pension scheme
- Smart uniform and all appropriate PPE
- Pleasant and friendly working environment and team
- Any specific training that is necessary for your duties
- Additional relevant CPD training to allow you to further your career progress (subject to agreement)
- A clear contract of employment
- Regular monthly salary based upon a 40-hour work week
- Company owned specialist tools as required to enable you to deliver your best
- Single occupancy room when you stay away from home for work
- Travel time paid one way from your home base to the location of work
- Train fares / fuel costs covered for work related travel
This is a great opportunity for a hard-worker wanting to be employed by a reputable, ethical company!
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience, please apply by forwarding an up to date CV as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser and Specialist Recruiter, who provide recruitment services in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: Electrician, Electrical Contractor, NICEIC, Approved Electrician, Building, Site, Construction, Theatre, Stage, Arts, London West End
Spider will not use your personal information for any other purposes other than for searching for alternative employment. We will also request additional consent directly from you before submitting your personal information to any recruiting company who are working directly with Spider. We will never disclose your information to any third party unless legally required to do so and we will only ever contact you with the sole purpose of helping you find your dream job or offering career related advice.